Search results

1. RobL

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Eric, you gotta stop shooting yourself in the foot. Silliness like this will get torn to shreds here.
  2. RobL

I’m definitely in the minority here but I actually feel a bit bad for E A. *ducks rotten vegetables* Here’s a guy who, in trying to protect his small business, made some pretty bad PR blunders and now has painted himself into a corner. There’s really no good out for him now…zugzwang I think...
  3. RobL

Umm, well the strings aren’t actually producing the sound are they? I would guess the majority of it emanates from the “sound board” in all stringed instruments, acoustic pianos included. Not too hard to make a speaker cone lighter than a sound board, is it. I guess the strings would be more...
  4. RobL

2024 Total Solar Eclipse

Went to Montreal to watch this one and went to Hopkinsville Kentucky to watch the one in 2017…I’ve become a bit of an eclipse junky. :)
  5. RobL

Well, I was going to vote “not terrible” but this ridiculous posturing by the company dropped it to headless.
  6. RobL

I have a great suggestion for Eric:
  7. RobL

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

These are my 8361’s measured with REW at the MLP after GLM calibration: Right speaker: Left speaker: I’m not disputing what dfuller heard at his audition but I don’t hear anything resembling that with my speakers.
  8. RobL

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Yes, well excepting the fact that I certainly don’t need my Genelecs to hear what he mentions. It’s plainly there just listening on my AirPods.
  9. RobL

The NRC took measurements up to 75 deg off-axis. You can see dispersion is very wide up to about 8-10 kHz.
  10. RobL

Looks like a great speaker. I enjoyed Erin’s review but the only thing that gave me pause was the old “I heard things I never heard before” cliché. That’s a pretty old sensationalist audiophile trope and along the lines of “my wife even heard it from the kitchen” imo.
  11. RobL

New Monitor Audio flagship speaker - The Hyphn

There’s a damaged pair in Toronto up for auction for insurance salvage…
  12. RobL

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

One thread about that very issue HERE.
  13. RobL

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Unfortunately I only have the ADI2 DAC not the pro, so no digital outs.
  14. RobL

Hi Sam, Afraid my system is rather modest by ASR standards. I have no subs, just the two monitors. I stream Apple Music from a Wiim Pro to an RME ADI-2 DAC and run analogue out to the 8361a’s. Most try to stay digital through their chains but I really like having the RME’s tone controls and...
  15. RobL

Well, I’m not saying that they aren’t worth the money. For professional applications, spending $50 or $100k on equipment makes perfect sense to me. I buy expensive equipment for my business as well. You need the right tools do accomplish the job properly. But for personal use…that sub sell for...
  16. RobL

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

They’re simply more directional. Higher direct vs reflected sound ratio. IME, wider dispersion speakers can also image very well but require more careful placement and room symmetry.
  17. RobL

2 x 8351b - $10000 2 x w371a - $20000 1 x 8341b - $4000 1 x 7382A - $12000 ___________________ $46000 I dunno, I think I could have more fun with that money. :) I’m a little jaded now. I just put a stereo pair of homepods in the livingroom for my wife and am thinking...
  18. RobL

Much cheaper than 8381A’s too! lol
Top Bottom