Search results

1. E

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

Still having the issues with NOS off unfortunately.
  2. E

Yes, I do have to adjust the volumes. Cant remember which is louder now, the 2Qute had the most difference in volume anyway. The Modius and X16 are very similar volume. Regardless of A/B testing and listening to the x16 for long periods, it does sound a bit closed in. Not going to give in though!
  3. E

I see. Yes I'm just A/B'ing from one to another. Not ideal I know.
  4. E

Thanks Wayne. I tend to listen with one channel slightly higher than the other anyway as I wear a hearing aid, so not sure if this will help? But I'll look into testing the DAC woth a low cost ADC. Either this X16 DAC just sounds different to the other DAC's I have, or I wonder if I've got a...
  5. E

Thanks, that's useful to know. Turning the NOS on was a last resort as nothing else was helping and it sure didn't help. I've turned it off now and have L-Fast on. Still having the issues.
  6. E

thanks. This was the first one I tried but I'm going to give it another go.
  7. E

Hi, do I need a special MIC for REW? The channels look equal on the VU metres on my AMP but could it be more subtle than that?
  8. E

I have. I'm currently trying it on M-Slow with NOS option on. Not sure if it's an improvement, my ears probably need a rest.
  9. E

Hi all, I've just got an x16 and struggling with the sound. To me, the treble sounds restrained and the midrange forward and a bit thick. Has anyone else experienced this before? I mean, the detail is all there, and it's an engaging enough listen, but something just seems off. I have tested...
  10. E

ARCAM irDAC - 2

Hi Nicolai, Yes, I replaced the irdac-ii with a Chord 2Qute and found it a worthy upgrade. To be honest the irdac-ii wasn't that bad in hindsight, it was pleasant enough but I remember I was having some issues with the USB input, whether that was bad engineering on the irdac-ii's part or the...
  11. E

DAC recommendation to go with Node 2i (D90SE, X26 Pro)

Hi. I also have Concept 500 speakers with a Node 2i. I use a Chord 2Qute Dac and find I much prefer the sound and performance over the internal Node 2i DAC. I've never used or heard a Naim XS3, but for an amp of that price and quality I don't think I'd be worrying too much about not having...
  12. E

Display for a Streamer using RPi4B & DigiOne Signature

I'd recommend the official 7" screen + the SmartiPi Touch 2 case with large 35mm back cover which would accommodate the DigiOne Signature
  13. E

Do USB adaptors affect sound quality?

Hi. Just wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to share their knowledge. In order to keep my cables looking tidy I'm looking at using an up angled USB adaptor which will connect into my Raspberry Pi4b and run a USB cable to my DAC. Something like this From what I gather there isn't...
  14. E

ARCAM irDAC - 2

Thanks for the reply Terry. This sort of aligns with my experience. I don't think the USB output of the Arcam irDAC-II handled the Raspberry Pi3b USB input very well (which is known to be problematic in iteself), kind of sounded flat and soulless, unless it was my hearing playing tricks on me...
  15. E

ARCAM irDAC - 2

Sorry to top an old thread but I own the Arcam irDAC-II and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience of how this DAC compares against more modern DAC's such as Topping, S.M.S.L, Gustard or Schiit (e.g., Modius)? Perhaps someone here has owned it and been tempted to try some of the newer...
  16. E

Best raspberry pi dac

Thanks. I've read of issues regarding the RPi3b USB input but after reading more about it on here the problems appear to be due to software issues rather than the common theory of the usb port being shared with the ethernet connection. I've never had any stuttering/popping/clicking running my...
  17. E

Best raspberry pi dac

Hi. Just wondering how you have found the Allo Digione Signature compared to using USB for you D50s? I have a RP3b with an Arcam irDAC-ii. Currently using the USB input but wondering if I could improve things further with an Allo Digione.
Top Bottom