Search results

1. S

Anthem MCA 225 GEN 2 versus Parasound A23+ Halo

While I love my Anthems, I'll have to agree with @JSmith . Purify or hypex is going to cost about half of the Anthem or Parasound and sound damn good. Both of which seem to have good track records. If you're stuck on getting either Anthem or Parasound, I'll just say I have the Parasound preamp...
  2. S

Is my new 65" Tv mounted to high?

Well, I just measured my 75'' and it's 58'' from the floor to the center. And, Yes, it's too high. I usually sit 12' to 14' away, so Ideally, I need to lower mine another 10'' to 12''s. In the end, all that matters, is what seems enjoyable to you and your family.
  3. S

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

I apologize if this has been said already, but i didn't see it anywhere. @Fosi Audio I would like to see a gain (input sensitivity) knob adjustment on the rear of the amp. What is the gain currently?
  4. S

Even Margot Robbie loves vintage HiFi.

Well, I don't know if she picked out her gear or hired someone to do it. But I have heard her on interviews stating she is a 70's and 80's rock music fan. From what little I do recall; I would definitely say she is into music.
  5. S

Help with speaker setup

Personally, I would start with upgrading your speakers.
  6. S

Why does spotify sound better then my hifi setup through headphones?

Go into your settings on Spotify. There is an equalizer if you choose to use it.
  7. S

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Continued

My 1st thought, honest to god, was this had to be a contest. Let's make the ugliest speaker we can, throw in some BS marketing, and see how much we can squeeze from these suckers. Seriously, this thing makes a lot of pro audio stuff look elegant.:facepalm: Anyhow, thanks for all the hard work...
  8. S

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

Over the past five years or so, i've bounced back and forth between Spotify and Amazon music. Currently using Spotify but I have never been so close to giving up Spotify, as I am right now. Last week my music saved/play list, went from 7600 songs to 3600 songs. That's right, 4,000 songs just...
  9. S

What makes you Passionate about Audio

I first became infatuated with audio at the age of 13, when I stayed at a relatives for a family reunion. My older (18) cousin had a system that blew me away. So, saving my money from working at a grocery store on the weekdays, and a trucking company on weekends. At the age of 14, I purchased my...
  10. S

Need advice on buying DAC

Sounds like you're in need of a preamp with a built in DAC, that can supply the voltage you need.
  11. S

Looking for a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1080 service manual

This is the best I can do. Says they have four manuals for this in pdf form. https://www.manualslib.com/products/Yamaha-Aventage-Rx-A1080-9049631.html
  12. S

KEF Direct Blemished Speaker Cabinets

Simple, call KEF back, tell them you don't won't them. Remind them, it is their responsibility to arrange pick-up and shipping. Tell them, here in the states we do have some laws that actually lookout for the consumer. Remind them, they have 30 days to pick them up from the time you tell them...
  13. S

Looking for sweet sounding class d amp with balanced/differential inputs

I agree with @Killingbeans. If it's (amp) only for the tweeters as you say. I would just look for a decent low powered a/b amp.
  14. S

Blown Mackie Thump 15-A - Worth Fixing

I have you physically inspected the woofer yet? If the woofers are toast, when you push in the woofer, listen for some scratchy noise. If the woofers look after inspection and the woofer cone push method doesn't produce any scratching, then your problem most likely is in your audio chain.
  15. S

Can a center channel improve stereo music?

IMO, only you can answer as to whether or not you may like it. Using a center channel for music, would simply come down to personal preference. However, I do think it degrades the whole stereo image when adding a center. After all, stereo music is two channel audio. Personally, I have never...
  16. S

Audyssey XT32 - problems with neutered sub

Not sure how or why it may have happened, but it almost sounds as if your subs are out of phase.
  17. S

[Poll] What is your experience with the reliability of the Topping LA90D?

I do. An amp is an amp. Be it desktop, tabletop, laptop, rack mount, or sitting on the floor. They're all still amps. Size is irrelevant. Agree, the company is not innocent. From reliability issues (due to bad design) to warranty support, to IMHO shady business practices when it comes to...
  18. S

[Poll] What is your experience with the reliability of the Topping LA90D?

If it was possible, I would have liked your post a hundred times over. Anyways, Glad you said it and did so, politely. My response was going to be much harsher. Any ASR member should know by now, buying a topping product, is the equivalent of walking across a 50 yr old mine field. Will it blow...
  19. S

Inexpensive Compact Desktop Speakers $150 USD Budget

So, you got the 19lb version versus 25lb version, well I wish you luck. Those seem to be the ones that the plate amps go out rather soon and easily. That's probably why you see them pried so low, so often.
  20. S

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

It can be a problem as @Mnyb was trying to express. If your Pre has a high gain and your amp has a high gain, depending on what potentiometer you are using. It can be almost impossible to listen at low volume levels. That's one good reason why matching your pre and amp are important. Now...
Top Bottom