Search results

1. A

The wealth-building thread

I wish the crypto thread was still around. BTC is up 115% on the 1yr chart. Dow is up 12%. But grandpa says its a beanie baby bubble. It deserves a place in most portfolios imo nfa.
  2. A

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I have these speakers and they're dogshit - I said so 2 years ago on here. The DIY speakers I have are better. The commercial brand speakers I have are better. $750 for an ugly, bad sounding speaker is laughable when you can get dozens of speakers that look and sound better for less. Amir is...
  3. A

$300 DAC with reliable power down / power up behavior

My Topping D30Pro has no issues starting back up when power has gone out. I got mine from Apos for $300, but that appears not in stock there for $300, currently.
  4. A

Drummers you can't mistake

Carter Beauford has a somewhat distinct sound to me, but I'm not musically savvy.
  5. A

Genelec Price Increase

Potential benefit to crypto?
  6. A

I built a sub - the Overdrive10

Looks awesome. What are the mains?
  7. A

Does anybody actually listen to "Hotel California" outside of gear demos? (answer: apparently so)

Im a big Dad Rock guy. But...chsnge the station anytime Eagles or Steely Dan come on.
  8. A

What IEMs do you own?

Etymotic HF5's - with foam tips the isolation was incredible, loved these for flying but ultimately broke them at the plug on a flight. Brainwavz B100 or 150? - liked these, lost them amongst my stuff, wish I could find them KZ something - tangly cord, broke them at the cord to ear-piece...
  9. A

Help me upgrade my budget system

As this is nearfield your best options will be monitors like Genelec, Neumann or, on a budget, Kali.
  10. A

EAC has posted DIY speakers, Samba and Overnight Sensation measurements

I think you're on to something here. The old RS28 could be crossed lower. I used the 8" version of the Dayton RS (RS225) with various tweeters crossed around 1200-1500Hz with 24db slopes. I was doing this 15 years ago with a used $150 head unit in a car, but everything sounded great. I think if...
  11. A

What Budget Speakers Do You Enjoy?

JBL 530's are great when they're at $250. C-Notes were great when they were $100, then PE went nuts with price increases on everything.
  12. A

Is it acceptable to run a subwoofer/subwoofers in an apartment building?

It does depend on the nature of the other tenants and is a give-and-take like Doodski says. I wouldn't expect peace and quiet in an apartment complex with a lot of college aged tenants, and therefore wouldn't live there if that was a personal requirement and it was in my means to choose. I...
  13. A

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

That price during this economy is incredible.
  14. A

Stereophile's snide editorial on ASR and Amir

People have different opinions on global warming. One side is objectively right.
  15. A

What top coat do you guys like?

This works best for me. I will be trying a 3m psa veneer next project.
  16. A

CSS Criton 1TD-X "living room" build

Great build and good photo documenting. Whered you get the veneer from?
  17. A

Under $200 headphones (or iems) for sleeping.

I toss and turn, too. I usually am OK. I set the DAP close enough that theres slack to turn over. I have a similar use case as OP - I need music to fall asleep but my partner likes silence. I had a cheap bluetooth headband with speakers that wasnt too bad, but it eventually died.
  18. A

Under $200 headphones (or iems) for sleeping.

I sleep in Blon 03's connected to a DAP. I set the DAP to my side.
  19. A

are tower speakers necessary in 2022?

People talking about lower extension with towers and I'm doing the opposite with my smaller speakers. I went with a smallish sealed enclosure as a natural high pass. I don't need to push my small woofers low, that's what the sub is for.
Top Bottom