Search results

1. Somafunk

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Cables make no difference, change them for better feel, suppleness or because you like the colour or material
  2. Somafunk

Phone as DAP?

The Hiby music players work with a stripped down version of android that removes the resampling issue, Hiby have a new R4 player out soon for a very good/cheap price £/$249 Hiby R4 Dap here
  3. Somafunk

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Martyn Bennet as I knew him from when we were in primary school on Mull and then remade our acquaintance meeting as adults in the burgeoning alternative/electronic Scottish music scene (everyone knows each other), we all knew he had cancer as he was desperate to get his album Grit finished but...
  4. Somafunk

Sonic Lamb Headphone with Subwoofer Review

Certainly unusual but if they can fix the app and include preset eq through the dial then it’d be quite good
  5. Somafunk

What are your top 3 IEM ?

Had around 20 from my first “serious” Etymotic er4-p iem back in 2005 (didn’t like it), then moved through various shure/rha/sennheiser models till a Sony XBA-N3 in 2015 changed everything for the better till I lost it a number of years later then tried 7hz timeless, Dunu Vulkan, Truthear zero...
  6. Somafunk

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

DMS has come close to Harman levels of bass with his new project below Thread 'DMS Project Omega - Now Available for Pre-Order' https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dms-project-omega-now-available-for-pre-order.972443/
  7. Somafunk

New Sony Headphones

Seriously?………. you have to ask? :facepalm:
  8. Somafunk

Show us your Cars

Not mine (obviously) but a well known car on the rally circuit getting rebuilt after a nasty crash, thought it would be suitable for viewing here
  9. Somafunk

Why the hate for Grado?

That’s correct, you buy them when you’re 20 and after a lifetime of working construction you retire at 65 with severe hearing loss so they naturally sound good
  10. Somafunk

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

That’s a good site btw for anyone looking for something a bit different to asr, quite scathing on all things audiophoo related
  11. Somafunk

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Jesus Christ…….he's built a cloaking device
  12. Somafunk

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I always enjoy a hambini video, especially when pen is working.
  13. Somafunk

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

That may be the case but how often would you be removing/inserting the jacks in such a device as the D50 iii ?, I’d hazard a guess at once.
  14. Somafunk

I guess you’ve never set foot in a professional studio?
  15. Somafunk

Yeah….yeah Topping, you’ve finally given us peq, but we now want streaming as well - Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon music, and roon ready as well, perhaps an oled screen, nice remote, and finally an app so that we can control it from our phones. All in the same form factor. Come...
  16. Somafunk

guys home theatre visually vibrates ?

If I listen loud I can see my big (relative to 4.6x3.6x2.4 room size) double glazed window vibrate and that’s only with the system in my signature, if I turn it up further there is a certain sub bass/room mode/bass build up that materialises in my bathroom which is out the door and 3m away that...
  17. Somafunk

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

^ :rolleyes: Looks like the speaker drops off sharply at 100hz and that 2khz peak looks painful, and with those three or four big resonances I’d take a pass on those, I doubt eq could make that listenable never mind enjoyable :rolleyes: ^
  18. Somafunk

ATC speakers / Monitors

You could say that about the entire UK, we’ve been on an ever increasing speed of decline since brexit/leaving the eu
  19. Somafunk

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

I’m late to the party yet again. ;)
  20. Somafunk

Moondrop x Crinacle DUSK

Here’s quite a critical review of the dusk with it’s audible digital artefacts from Headphones.com website Link to review here
Top Bottom