Search results

1. W

Genelec 8030C to 8331/41A??

Thanks for your reply. I'll stick to the 8030Cs for now.
  2. W

Genelec 8030C to 8331/41A??

Hello, I have an RME ADI-2 DAC with a pair of 8030Cs and am happy. Of course, the Ones are better. How much better is an 8331,8341 over the 8030C for near field <1m listening distance with -40dB to -50Db value on my DAC? I'm not sure if the dB varies significantly between brands, but those are...
  3. W

Genelec 8030C too hissy - what to get instead - KH80, 120? Paired with Presonus sub8.

In my next sentence I did just describe how I interpret the sound! :)
  4. W

Genelec 8030C too hissy - what to get instead - KH80, 120? Paired with Presonus sub8.

What frequency is "hiss" output by monitors? I describe it as the hiss from a bad electrolytic capacitor but unsure of the frequency. There are frequency test videos on youtube with varying frequencies they may help you determine your level of "deafness."
  5. W

The 8030C is a gateway monitor. If you buy it, you will want a pair of 8351Bs or 8361As. Just say no!
  6. W

Thank you for the reply. To be honest, when not listening on my 8030Cs, I use a cheapo pair of Mackie CRX-3 (with 0 hiss) that are around $100. If you stuff enough socks in the rear port, they are much better than the AudioEngine A2s. The Mackies are 3" so a little bit larger, but not...
  7. W

I had a pair or AA A2 before the plus version. They are fine for multimedia but the spinorama of those show they aren't great for music. https://www.stereophile.com/content/audioengine-2-powered-loudspeaker-audioengine-a2 https://www.stereophile.com/images/0415-AE2Pfig4.jpg
  8. W

When doing research for the 8030s, hiss was a concern after returning a set of JBL 305Mkii. It was either Genelec or Neuman and I went with Genelec (I'm Finnish fwiw). I use an RME ADI-2 DAC FS and zero hissing. I also have the DAC plugged into a UPS for many reasons and I hear zero hiss. I...
  9. W

New mysterious Genelec monitors

I am always perplexed when on a forum such as ASR, people value looks over performance. There are many HiFi sites that cater to those who value looks over performance. I have 8030s and can buy a set of 8361As tomorrow, but it's a bit too much for my apartment. I think the Ones look amazing and...
  10. W

Looking for help/recommendations - buying a DAC for a modest aparetment audio setup

I used an AudioEngine D1 prior to the RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I still use the D1 for web surfing on some cheap "monitors" for multimedia content. I have had the D1 for about a decade and it's still going strong. The price is under $200 which was a great price when I was in college.
  11. W

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I have HD660s sitting in the box in the closet!
  12. W

Kef R Meta Series Release

I do prefer your spicy tone, as it is more direct path to answers I'm seeking. I am seeing KEF are Hi-Fi speakers according to the products webpage, and I'm more interested in self-powered monitors. I see no reason buying KEF R3 Meta or similar over 8341As unless the KEF 6dB drop in base under...
  13. W

I was very concerned about that too and almost went with Neuman but I haven't noticed any hiss in the several months of ownership. Thank you for the feedback. I can afford the KEF R Meta or Genelec 8341s but for my first system I went with the 8030Cs as I would inevitably learn more about...
  14. W

Pardon my ignorance, but the horizontal graph of these is much worse than the 8030C I recently purchased. Do KEF owners not prefer neutral sound? What is the attraction of this? I feel like there is some reason, hopefully logic, that people are using to pay many times than 8030Cs. Do these sound...
  15. W

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Living in Seattle area, East Side, I love this view and the Genelec's make it even better. After recently buying a pair of 8030Cs and RME ADI-2, I'm looking at a pair of 8341s. These photos are incredible.
  16. W

RME ADI-2 DAC FS bit rate driver issue?

Thank you. I will likely do both. I only use this for music and not multimedia so that is a great solution.
  17. W

RME ADI-2 DAC FS bit rate driver issue?

Hello, I have had this DAC for a few weeks and seem to have issues in Windows with the DAC being recognized. I have bit rate set to 384.0 in Windows, and sometimes when I turn the DAC on, it will stay at 44.1, and sometimes after a period of minutes it will update to 384.0. I installed the...
  18. W

SMSL D400ES and SMSL D400Ex

Amazon and Sweetwater just had the RME ADI-2 DAC FS for 1036 around Black Friday. I had one ordered for 1399 and quickly cancelled that order. I now have that DAC sitting in front of me and no longer concerned with anything else after many months of obsessing.
  19. W

Two Configs. How much do I need to spend?

I went with RME ADI-2 DAC FS and 2x 8030C. Thanks to everyone!
  20. W

Two Configs. How much do I need to spend?

Thanks for the feedback. I had considered the RME ADI-2 DAC FS and running analog. My last question is if GLM is worth the extra $1000 total cost? I also plan to sound treat the room.
Top Bottom