Search results

1. JasonC331

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

Help me understand something if you would. What numbers for a class A/B would get most excited? One user stated that Dan is using an AES standard to show his distortion numbers. Maybe I am wrong for thinking that there should be a breakdown of the classes on amps as well. Is there a link that...
  2. JasonC331

Same here my Anthem isn't a great measure and I love it. What I don't want to happen to one of the few small retailers that is so nice is people see this and go well that's a POS :) I sent an email to see if he wanted to test, as I had to try out a new Aegir 2, I have never heard that style and...
  3. JasonC331

Well, Dan didn't send it for testing and provided his testing. How many other manufacturers have you seen do this? I do have the Z4 4ohm version, I will reach out to @amirm about testing it, and I'll chat with Dan about the differences, as he explains one is optimized for 8 ohms 1 is for 4 ohms.
  4. JasonC331

Can you verify? Did you do any listening on this device or is that for mfg that sends units to you?
  5. JasonC331

If you read the replies I posted from his emails and his summary, he shows what he measured off the shelve. This was a kit that someone submitted, it is possible, that there may be an issue with the build. Dan wouldn't say that without testing. I think the fair thing to do would get units tested...
  6. JasonC331

Have you tried emailing him? Here is an email for you! [email protected]
  7. JasonC331

@JSmith @JSmith is it possible to show his pictures in the PDF as well?
  8. JasonC331

That is another thing, his customer service is some of the best in the business! He wants all to enjoy. He retested an in-house sample at 3 am after I sent him these results. If anyone has a question he will call you in a second and does everything for a customer
  9. JasonC331

The designer tested his sample on the day of this review, his test where presented here by me. He listed each bullet point:
  10. JasonC331

I bought mine from Dan (pre-made and tested), and I will take it over any of class D that I own, it won from 11 people over a NAD M23 in a small listening test with this amp. It sounds amazing when made correctly!
  11. JasonC331

His samples come in at 83+, I don't see too many A/B amps getting 83+ even some that cost more than 5-10 times this.
  12. JasonC331

I do not work for the company, just own one of the Z4, @amirm Is there a direct email for Dan to chat with you? I did get some more information from him. It looks like his off-the-shelf samples differ from as-built house specs: I followed the link, but still couldn't find contact info for...
  13. JasonC331

I'm trying to make that happen.
  14. JasonC331

At the end of the day, I do think this is exactly what we want from a manufacturer. Can anyone copy this and make it show up for all to see?
  15. JasonC331

Ok gentlemen, because I would like to share how much this guy cares about his customers and these products. I reached out to him personally to let him know of the review. Now how many companies would do this? He is USA-based and offers a return and an amazing product: Email copied: At 3: am CST...
  16. JasonC331

This is from Dan the owner: Some of what they say is true...I've limited peak currents to limit power dissipation to make it pretty bulletproof. I'd be curious what ASR's thoughts are on the GT-102 Z4 version. It's also hard to say as to whether the unit might have a problem or not. All the...
  17. JasonC331

I bet the owner would build you one to test the installer. He's a nice guy, I own a bought Z4 version of this amp, made by him, and one of the best-sounding amplifiers that I have brought to compete with many amps and it comes out on top. I think there maybe an issue with the build.
  18. JasonC331

Recommendation of a AK4499EX-Based DAC?

Have you considered ordering a Geshelli Labs Dayzee? It has the Dac combo you want but offers way more options than anything from the other guys, Cool ass Woodworking, built in the USA with great support. Here are the options list Dual Mono AK4499EX (with Dual AK4191) 8 Mono Socketed Mono...
  19. JasonC331

Audioholics Measurements and review of Anthem MRX 1140 and 740 AVRs

There are some copied emails in the AVS forums under 740/1140 owners threads, I didn't link to the direct just a bookmark I have: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/owners-thread-for-mrx-540-740-1140-receivers.3180183/page-62
Top Bottom