Search results

1. Bjorn

Why NCx500 isn't necessarily an upgrade

We are in the age of chasing THD numbers in electronics. And while it's certaintly good with low distortion numbers, let me explain why using NCx500 modules or any other newer class D modules isn't necessarily an upgrade. And also why Vera Audio hasn't considered several of new class D modules...
  2. Bjorn

Some rough indoor measurements of KEF Q350

I have conducted a few indoor measurements of the KEF Q350 that I'll share. I'm aware the speaker has been measured by Amir and Stereophile, but wanted to measure it myself after I set a pair up at work where we very dissapointed by the sound quality. First an on-axis measurement at 20 cm...
  3. Bjorn

Acoustic consultancy

I represent sound & acoustics and offer different acoustic services. We sell RPG products and also offer custom ones of these that are not seen online. Some examples of services and prices: 1. Acoustic consultancy for one week via email with advice for acoustic products we sell and how to...
  4. Bjorn

Rare opportunity to buy a world class midrange horn

We are offering a pair of the Vera Audio midrange horn. This is the midrange horn in a coming Vera Audio complete horn system and a rare opportunity to buy this separately. Price is 32 000 NOK EX VAT for a pair including a pair of 3D printed adapters for the Radian 951 driver. With today's...
  5. Bjorn

Vera Audio midrange horn - polar measurements

Vera Audio is developing a horn speaker system. It consist of a midrange horn, a midbass horn and requires a bass/subwoofer solution. It will be active and offered with a separate high quality DSP. The 2-horn system look like the following: I'll show some measurements of the midrange/top...
  6. Bjorn

What the heck is YPAO doing?

I measured a setup a little while ago where a Yamaha surround receiver was used. I came across something very odd. When YPAO was activated, it raised the high frequencies considerably compared to using the receiver in Pure Direct without YPAO. Here's the right speaker with Pure Direct: And...
  7. Bjorn

What is you preferred horizontal directivity of a speaker?

For those of you have an opinion about this. What horizontal directivity/dispersion do you prefer? Only a uniform/constant directivity over a broad frequency area is taking into consideration here.
Top Bottom