Search results

1. Bjorn

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

Here are some measurements of the Matrix 801 S3: https://www.keele-omholt-technologies.com/papers/BW-801-Matrix-vs.-CBT36-v8.1.pdf
  2. Bjorn

Vera Audio midrange horn - polar measurements

No. I could us aluminum diaphragm as well. However, breakup is lower with beryllium and tends to sound smoother over time. At the moment the crossover is at 530 Hz.
  3. Bjorn

Why NCx500 isn't necessarily an upgrade

Here are FFT measurements in differents bandwidths of the Vera Audio P150/600 RS in bridge mode. 20KHz bandwidth: 40KHz bandwidth: 250KHz bandwidth:
  4. Bjorn

He measured without the internal buffer. From your link:
  5. Bjorn

Why the need for a bandwidth that's not audible for humans? Neverthless, let me know exactly what graphs you want to see.
  6. Bjorn

Most of have experience with quality compression drivers would say the opposite here. There's a clarity and detail from a good compression driver that's not achievable with tradtional piston drivers. That's also my experience in AB testings and even when the compression driver isn't horn loaded...
  7. Bjorn

A listening distance similar to what we see below would not work well for most speakers. The distance is 5.5 m (18') or greater depending on how much the couch and speakers are pulled out. Despite of the long listening distance and close proximity to the rear wall, it works really well due to...
  8. Bjorn

Listening room snake oil?

Broadband in regards to control over reflections is down to the Schroeder frequency. For a traditional absorbers that requires about a minimum of 15 cm (6") thickness. Some commercial products go lower with less depth. Carpet, drapes, felt, etc. work primarily in the treble area and loose...
  9. Bjorn

Constant Beamwidth Transducer (CBT) Speakers

Ok. Drivers are black. That would imply black paint for all surfaces. Personally I like the contrast with veneer and paint, though I prefer matte veneer.
  10. Bjorn

Is this a finish someone would like on the front panel of a CBT speaker? The rest of the speaker would need to be painted because it curves in two dimensions. Could probably work well with both black and white painting.
  11. Bjorn

You're just looking for something to back up your beliefs. Sad.
  12. Bjorn

It's related to references. Only absorping the highs and leaving out all the midrange and bass creates a serious unlinear result. I'm sorry to be blunt but this kind treatment of absolutely sucks compared to a well treated room. Well known by anymore who has experience in the field.
  13. Bjorn

Lack of high-end speaker reviews

This was the horn used in the measurement: And here's the waterfall of the JBL 476Be in the same horn: Frequency response of both drivers in the horn: Distortion of the Radian 951BePB with 95 dB: Both the best compression drivers with a quality horn and planar/ribbon has some of the...
  14. Bjorn

Lack of high-end speaker reviews

The graph is showing a poor compression driver. Typical marketing with cherry picking. A quality compression driver measures very well. Obviously the horn will also effect the result which we need to consider as well, but here's a meausurement of the Radian 951BEPB in one horn...
  15. Bjorn

Today I heard about the Børresen M6 speaker with a cost of $500,000. It's going to be demoed at a show in Norway soon and has caused a lot of discussion. While it's certainly looks luxurious and probably has awesome painting finish I found it quite amusing to hear that it used 4.5" woofers...
  16. Bjorn

That's how human minds often works. We want to believe what we already believe. But since Toole is the one you're confident in, let's look at some snippets from his article I linked to. While he's basically dabbling around in the article, and after all he's not an acoustician, he does clearly...
  17. Bjorn

Nah. Toole came around and understood that reverberation doesn't exist in a small room. https://secure.aes.org/forum/pubs/journal/?ID=391 But most importantly will a "dense thick clipped-pile carpet on 1-inch (25 mm) felt underlay" along with a 'large wall hung Danish Rya rug over an air space"...
  18. Bjorn

That's not broadband absorption. Perhaps he was fooled by looking at the RT, a measurement that's invalid in small rooms. A common misunderstanding despite that it was proved otherwise decades ago.
  19. Bjorn

Small teaser. Threw them up here without working on placement and horns/TV are on the side. Sorry of the poor picture quality. And they measure very well with no "room EQ". Perhaps a bit on the dark/bassy side here, but that's simpy a matter of tuning with shelves. 1/12 Oct. smoothing and...
  20. Bjorn

I haven't seen studies related to exactly to this but since hearing is gradually lost with age for all (to different extends), I would think the likelihood of also being able to distuinguish lower distortion becomes more difficult.
Top Bottom