Search results

1. D

Topping A90 - Just bought and connected.....Daft questions

Thanks very much for your advice and time - I have used your settings and it is all singing so I am delighted! You are spot on medium gain is perfect with 6XX.
  2. D

Topping A90 - Just bought and connected.....Daft questions

Guys I have just received my Topping A90 and connected to my RME ASI-2 FS. They are connected via balanced XLR I am sure these are daft questions.....? But what settings do I need on the... 1) RME to output and just use it's DAC 2) The settings on the A90 - I have so far used HPA, XLR and...
  3. D

Topping A90 Headphone Amp & RME ADI-2 FS - Best way to pair and connect?

Thanks Markus - I am also going to demo a pair of Arya's this week and some Clear MG - so glad I got it now for Aryas but if I go for the Clear MG I may not need to so will sell on. Appreciate your advice.
  4. D

Thanks Racheski thats amazing thanks for your time and advice and the link! Much appreciated. BR David
  5. D

Guys I wondered if anyone could help me please? I have an RME ADI-2 FS DAC and have just ordered a Topping A90 Headphone Amp and I am awaiting delivery of the A90. I only listen on headphones on a Headfi setup on my desk top - Massdrop 6xx / Campfire Andromeda IEMs and I am about to buy the...
  6. D

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Hi Guys - What is better this or the Topping A90? As a headphone amp please? I want to team it with the RME ADI 2 FS and headphones wise Arya and Mass drop 6xx streaming Qobuz through a PC I have read the Topping is not that reliable and some people love it but it broke and they returned...
  7. D

Problems Optimising Set-Up and Sound with RME ADI-2 FS

New audiophile seeks help with streaming Qobuz through windows pc connected by USB to RME ADI-2 FS I am using it as a dac/headphone amp connected to Massdrop 6xx headphones with an OIDIO headphone cable. The PC is connected by ethernet to my internet router on a run with a switch. The comms...
  8. D

Bluos Node 2i & Ifi Micro iDSD

Hi Really appreciate that. After seeing your reply I also looked into this DAC/AMP and got myself the same RME as you! I have ditched the Node 2i back in its box and was going to put it on ebay. So I have now started to stream from my PC with the RME and Qobuz through a USB cable (as provded as...
  9. D

Great thanks I am looking to stream in high res I will try on my laptop tomorrow connected to the Ifi Black Label streaming through the Qobuz app How do I bypass the dac/amp of my microsoft surface laptop? Does the USB output do this or do I need to do something else? If that work I may get...
  10. D

Thats really helpful thanks So should I try and get a different cable from the 2i to the Ifi Micro Black Label - will that get the output of high res to the amp/dac? I want to stream in High Res. Am I better getting rid of the 2i and using my laptop and connecting that to the external Ifi...
  11. D

Thanks very much - I have just done the following on the settings but tbh not sure if Qobuz streams in MQA? Is it just Tidal that streams MQA? What is the difference between HIgh Res on Qobuz and Tidal in MQA? The light is still green on the Ifi dac/amp which as you say is either...
  12. D

I am a new audiophile and not very clued up about streaming and set ups and the basics. But I am keen to learn and get more into this hobby. I have just bought the Node 2i and the Ifi Micro iDSD Black Label The cable I am connecting is the Audioquest Forest Mini Toslink 6.5mm to 3.5mm This is...
  13. D

Portable Dilemmas

Thanks TimW - Yes I use my phone in the house because the Node 2i is upstairs in the study (i just use it at my desk with wired headphones) So I am looking for a mobile dac/amp to use qobuz on my phone streaming in the house (when not at my desk) and when travelling to work, at work and walking...
  14. D

Portable Dilemmas

Thanks TimW appreciate the response I'll look at the Xduoo
  15. D

Portable Dilemmas

Hey Vince thanks for the reply much appreciated
  16. D

Portable Dilemmas

Guys I am new to audio and Hifi I am in the market for a portable dac/amp and IEMs I listen in the home and also in my office using Qobuz to stream High Res My source is either a) mobile phone (portable) or b) at home in my study I have a Bluos 2i which I have just purchased. I am...
Top Bottom