Search results

1. Lttlwing16

RSL C34E MKII In-Ceiling Speaker Review

For someone who has these in a 7.1.2 setup, they are outstanding. I have a sloped ceiling in my living room and the slope of the mid drivers and adjustable tweeter allowed me to essentially place these directly overhead as is indicated in the Dolby Atmos guidelines. With Audyssey involved, I get...
  2. Lttlwing16

RSL CG25 Center Speaker Review

-- Just wanted to step in to mention after owning a full RSL 7.1.2 home theater setup (CG23 LRC//CG3 Surrounds//C34eMKII//SpeedwooferSMKII) as well as purchasing my Denon 4700H from them, their direct customer service is top notch. This is of course in addition to the stellar sound quality both...
  3. Lttlwing16

Subwoofer / Low Frequency Optimization

My question is it best to apply a 6 cycle frequency dependent window to "remove the room" prior to aligning the phase at the crossover?
  4. Lttlwing16

The Lasik surgery of Hearing

This sounds really promising! https://scitechdaily.com/mit-scientists-develop-new-regenerative-drug-that-reverses-hearing-loss/
  5. Lttlwing16

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

Can't wait to plug in my turn..tabl..e.....crap... nevermind.
  6. Lttlwing16

Need help with USB powered DAC

Right after I typed this post, I got thinking about it and in fact I need both. I already had the two PC's connected to a powered KVM switch for shared monitor, keyboard and mouse. It dawned on me I just need a usb hub to one of the usb ports on the KVM switch for Keyboard/Mouse, and the other...
  7. Lttlwing16

Need help with USB powered DAC

I have the Drop+Grace Design SDAC which is powered via USB. My issue is I'd like to have two USB inputs to the SDAC but have the device powered independently of either of these two inputs. Is this possible? If I use a powered USB hub and went directly into the SDAC with the main leg of the hub...
  8. Lttlwing16

i2s sync error and resolution

I'd like to, but the Pi4 is hard to find these days!
  9. Lttlwing16

Hey just wanted to follow up and say I switched the HAT to an Audiophonics DIGIPI+I2S and I am still getting I2S sync errors in the kernel log of MoOde. Tim Curtis of MoOde state's he doesn't have the error with any of his audio devices. However, the internet has 1-2 pages of Google full of...
  10. Lttlwing16

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

It's a 2 channel amp and as such won't be needing full bandwidth multichannel delivery. ARC is all you need.
  11. Lttlwing16

Really insightful feedback, thank you. I can solder some large bits, I wouldn't dare with tiny transistors. I also believe it is a design oversight in my generation of Allo Digione's, as I've seen threads posted around the same time mine was purchased (3/2020) with the exact same issue. The...
  12. Lttlwing16

Hey Tom, Thanks for taking the time to reply. Here is my back and forth with the Allo Rep on audiophilestyle.com: Me: What is the likelihood the Raspberry Pi is faulty and not the Digione? Can i2s sync error and stuttering occur due to the Raspberry Pi and not the Digione? Allo: We suspect...
  13. Lttlwing16

24/96 playback stuttering with Allo Digione

As an update, Allo offered me 30% discount towards a new Digione to replace the faulty one with stuttering and I2S sync error. However, barring the product is faulty after 2 years of light use, and considering their service requires a $45 shipping fee back to them, I decided to forgo any further...
  14. Lttlwing16

You know I strongly considered outputting the Rpi's HDMI output to the 4700H, but after reviewing @amirm review of the 4700H, the DAC just isn't up to snuff to the Topping D30 I'm using. If Allo, won't support their product past warranty when it's a known issue, then I'll be moving on to...
  15. Lttlwing16

I'm using a Rpi 3B+ with Allo Digione running MoOde. My issue is I am having i2s sync errors in the /var/log/kern.log and my 24/96 files will not playback without stutter on first reboot. However, if I play a 16/44.1 file the 24/96 files playback fine. I've searched for answers on the...
  16. Lttlwing16

The Samba error is known to the MoOde dev's and I was told it's unrelated to my stuttering issues. I'm using NFS file share on a Manjaro Linux machine.
  17. Lttlwing16

Yeah, it just grinds my gear I have a $120 piece of defective hardware that can't do what it's supposed to.. Let me ask you this -- do you have any deep understanding of the specifics of what's happening with an i2s sync error. How does this effect playback when switching between 16/44.1 and...
  18. Lttlwing16

You know I looked into this some and there is a thread here on ASR where the consensus is the 3B+ still stutters with hi-res files with output from USB. Now, with the Denon x4700H, the AVR DAC may be good enough to output straight from the HDMI output of the 3B+ into the 4700H. This is the...
  19. Lttlwing16

In my case, the stuttering is related to a faulty Allo Digione board, per their support. They want me to pay shipping both ways from the US to India to have it repaired, with it only being 2 years old. The shipping charges would almost pay for a brand new one. I told them to repair it at no...
  20. Lttlwing16

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I haven't looked at moodeutl -s yet, but will take a look. I have a post out for Tim over on the MoOde forum, and waiting for his response. I'll pass along the findings as they develop! Thanks again, David
Top Bottom