Search results

1. K

Megadeth's new album... sometimes I wish I wasn't an "audiophile"

Megadeth released their 16th studio album, "The Sick, The Dying... and the Dead!" on Sept 2nd. I preordered the cd weeks ago as I was looking forward to it. The music itself is pretty darn good. A solid 8/10. But the entire album has clipping/distortion present throughout that is sometimes...
  2. K

I'm an idiot

I couldn't figure out why I was only hearing bass. I thought something was wrong with my Chromecast Audio. I even went so far as to restart it and unplug it. I just realized my amp isn't on.
  3. K

Pink Panther tattoo... pretty cool

Saw this and immediately thought of @amirm https://www.boredpanda.com/body-art-tattoos-clash-of-styles-popular-characters-mat-rule/
  4. K

Trello has a bug that possibly shows some new Elac products in the works...

noticed this in a google search.... clicking on the link shows it's a private board. Probably some type of collaboration software they use. I assume "CI new lines" just means continuous improvement.
  5. K

$75000 cd player... all the best adjectives come out in the reviews

https://www.whathifi.com/us/burmester/069/review "The overriding impression is one of refinement and composure." "This CD player conveys a solid rhythmic structure and fills it with an explosive combination of vivid dynamics and hefty punch." "It organises the detail brilliantly, which is what...
  6. K

AudioAdvisor ad I got in the mail

"our customers favorite add-ons" aka the crap they have the most profit margin on
  7. K

What are some good audiophile YouTube channels?

I like Amir, Erin's Audio Corner, and Joe n Tell. Any other good ones?
  8. K

Interview with Andrew Jones

He tried to create his own test equipment as a teenager so he could measure speakers.
  9. K

Recommend me a reasonable speaker level to line level convertor

Need to hook up a sub with speaker level. Sub only has line level inputs. A quick look at Amazon makes me more confused about what I should get.
  10. K

Do I need taller speaker stands?

At my couch, my usual seating position, my ears are at 39" height. I'm about 12 ft from the speakers. My speakers are on 22" stands. Today I sat down on the floor in front of the couch and everything improved, especially imaging and upper midrange. On the floor, my ears are at about 29" and...
  11. K

I just want to be able to stream Spotify to my stereo while controlling it from my phone... what do I need?

I don't want to mess with a lot of DIY stuff. I want something relatively cheap, but reliable and something that doesn't negatively affect sound quality. I already have a DAC. So I guess I need something that is compatible with Spotify Connect? Will those AudioCast pucks work for this? I...
  12. K

The Speaker review index does not work for me

it constantly shows a spinning "progress" animation. Browser is Firefox for Windows. I also tried it in Internet Explorer. No spinning progress thing, but everything is greyed out and unable to be clicked.
  13. K

What EQ to use?

Many of Amir's reviews say "with EQ this thing is great" and "if you're not using EQ I don't want to know you". So.. if I'm playing music from a non-computer source (cd transport, roku, etc).... Do I use an inline eq? What are some good options for me that are reasonably priced? Is there...
  14. K

Preventing hearing damage, safe listening levels - CALCULATOR

By trade I am a safety coordinator, so I'm somewhat aware of the dangers of high noise levels. OSHA's limit is 8 hours of exposure to 90db. However, NIOSH recommends an 8 hour exposure of 85 db. I recommend going with the NIOSH recommendation, and that 85db limit will likely be adopted by OSHA...
Top Bottom