Search results

1. A

44100hz 16bit vs 44100hz 24bit - 16bit causes White/Static noise..

Hi! Does anyone know why I'm getting static/white noise with all of my 16bit settings on my PC through optical/toslink out? Static with 48000hz 16bit, 4100hz 16bit etc... To "really notice" the static I need to turn the gain up on my amp (it's there on lower gain aswell, just not that...
  2. A

Can a DAC cause channel imbalance?

Can a DAC like cause channel imbalance? Can low VRMS from a DAC to an amp cause channel imbalance? Asking out of curiousity.... My friend has a Chord Qutest and he things it is causing channel imbalance and I don't have a clue about this kind of things. Thanks! :)
  3. A

Halp. Static noise from motherboard with Optical to DAC!

Hello good people of ASR! I'd like to ask a question... I can't rid my PC from static noise/humm coming from my motherboard through its optical out... I've tried different dacs (RME ADI-2, Hugo 2) and it is the same with both. The noise occurs if i play a song/video and pause it rather fast...
  4. A

Question(s) regarding THX 789 (THX 887) and DAC (clipping?)

Hello I'm really a full-blown newbie when it comes to this sort of things unfortunately... I currently have a Monoprice THX 887 (pretty much the same as the Massdrop THX AAA 789 I'm sure, I just made the title THX 789 since it is more well known I guess) and along with it a Chord Hugo 2 as...
Top Bottom