Search results

1. P

SOS… Lynx Hilo - Imperium - KH750 - KH80

I did acoustical axis which is the height right where my ears are when I sit at my composing/mixing desk.
  2. P

SOS… Lynx Hilo - Imperium - KH750 - KH80

Not sure if this is helpful because it's more or less been stated, but like @Jon AA said, following Neumann's instructions to the letter is key, due to how much they have going on between the software and DSP in both the 750 and 80's I have this exact setup, and it took me three tries to get it...
  3. P

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

Did that to me quite often. Now that we are back in the office 4 out of 5 days, I just power them off and cover them until I'm home and fire up my rig (orchestral composition work). That's how I fixed it. ;) I did speculate that it was the KH750 sub making the KH80s come on since I never turn...
  4. P

Neumann KH80 DSP or Genelec 8320A with a sub for home audio

It's an investment. Once I'm still paying off interest free on my Sweetwater Music card, lol! But 110% happy, just mixed a song tonight fot my Berklee Live Sound class and I still can't get over how good and how accurate these now are. And, you're welcome!
  5. P

First calibration with the MA-1 didn't go so well. I messed up in several areas, first and foremost not using a ruler to measure mic placement during calibration. If you eyeball it, save your money, it doesn't work. The other thing I changed was buying Mogami cables to replace the no-name brand...
  6. P

Since I do MIDI composing I sit close. I have a limited-size desk in our office/craft room/"studio". Room is 18'x15', I'm up against a short wall near the corner (I know, I know... has to be this way) but there's carpeting and furniture-a-plenty behind me. My triangle from sitting position to...
  7. P

Hey all, I'll post a bigger observation on these KH80s and 750 sub rig, but the final outcome was arm-hair-raised pure joy once I did everything right. I did at least 5 things wrong during setup and calibration, not Neumann's fault. The outcome was more than I hoped for, the clarity and depth of...
  8. P

I'm running the Windows app with the MA-1 tonight or tomorrow night, I'll let you know how that goes. The iPad app didn't yield great results, the 80s sound thin and the 750 barely sounds like it's doing anything. If I solo the sub in the iPad app and crank it, I hear/feel it so it's technically...
  9. P

Wow, I have the same wood CD/DVD rack as Bob, there's hope for me yet! I just got the KH80/750 sub system with the mic, got it networked and hopefully will do the Cal tonight. Just using the iPad app with the questions it asks gave me a result that made the KH80s sound quite thin which is...
Top Bottom