Search results

1. T

Powerful Dongle DAC with Mic In

Sure you will find negative ratings for every product. I don’t think the GO Blu is bad, but without saving mode for the battery I would not recommend to use this plugged in all the time. I want to use the device a lot plugged into my work notebook, therefore the GO Blu was ruled out. Seeing...
  2. T

The GO Blu has multiple issues which are a dealbreaker for me. There is no companion App for Setup. Therefore there is also no option to check the Battery or activate a battery safe mode. I read about multiple Users with Battery failure all across the different platforms. This device is not...
  3. T

Even though the Onyx is slightly better in detail and soundstage (unbalanced) I just ordered the Qudelix 5k. It is just too convenient to not own one... :p Now I am shopping for balanced cables... :facepalm: Thanks for the nice discussion and suggestions
  4. T

Why the hate for Grado?

I really like my sr325x, the new x-line is quite good and has far more low end then before. I like the openness and they are very easy to drive. Comfort can be improved by bending the headband to a good fit. Open the cups (hairdryer) clean the hot glue mess, replace the horrific cables with...
  5. T

With high impedance Headphones the Qudelix works nearly as good as the Onyx, i dont have to push it as hard. I have to say the convenience of walking around with a BT Dongle is tempting. The App is fantastic, even without heavy PEQ usage the app is a great piece of software. This little device...
  6. T

@staticV3 You have been right about the Qudelix output power. Today i tested the Qudelix of a colleague for a little while against the Onyx. First of all i really like the Build, the metal clamp and form factor works. It is considerably less powerful with low impedance Cans (Single ended), i...
  7. T

Hello, i now had the Creative SXFi Amp and the THX Onyx here over the weekend. Both get plenty loud with inefficient lower impedance Cans like modded T50RPs. The Creative has a little bit more power with high impedance Cans, i wish the Onyx had this too, it is borderline (No Headroom). Sadly...
  8. T

Thanks, I might use it for slight adjustments, i am not against EQing in general. I added this to the list for people searching something similar in the future. Most of the dongle DACs will provide 14mW @300Ohm, thats not enough to power some of my cans and i like to have some headroom on top...
  9. T

Back to topic... I ordered the x-fi AMP yesterday for 66$, I think that is a bargain for: Solid Alumium design Physical Buttons Seperate volume control 19mW @ 300Ohm 121mW @ 33Ohm 101db Sinad Mic in Build in EQ (10band) X-Fi Surround for Movies and Games I Hope it performs as i anticipate...
  10. T

This would be a boring place to live, but even then I would have at least 4 Headphones: Stax electrostatic (L700 and upwards) I just love their transient response Open Back Closed Back with good isolation A Headphone i can leave in the office without worries First of all Sound, but also...
  11. T

It wasn’t the best metaphor i give you that, but you got the point. I have several Headphones, each with specific strength and weaknesses. I like each of them for what they are and often I pick a headphone by mood or genre I want to listen to. I don’t see the point in collecting a lot of...
  12. T

Thanks for the feedback, completely missed this DAC for some reason. For now I see no benefit in the Onyx over the X-Fi
  13. T

I like all my headphones for different reasons, I don’t want to match them all against the same target. As I don’t want to blend every whisky or wine to the same taste, that is absolutely pointless in my opinion. I am with you for small blemishes, reduce some sibilance or raise some Bass...
  14. T

While browsing the reviews here I was stumbling across the Creative X-FI Amp. It seems to check all boxes, quite powerful, very clean output and mic in. On top it is sold for only 60€ ~ 66$ now. I can use it for music and phonecalls at work. With X-FI also for Movies and Games on my personal...
  15. T

Ok, I will think about it. I don’t need the EQ though, I am using ROON and I don’t like to EQ my Headphones to hard. Headphones loose all their charm I bought them for in the first place, if they all got matched to Harman… it’s kind of pointless Why should I want everything to sound the same...
  16. T

Thanks, it seems to have mic in. SINAD seems quite low compared to the usual suspects like Onyx or Hidizs. I am also not sure if it will harm the internal battery it the device is always plugged into the notebook…
  17. T

Is this use case too specific? Are there no good and powerful Dongles with mic in available, other than the Onyx?
  18. T

Thanks for the suggestion, I don’t know how good the soundblaster is from a technical standpoint, but it is not very powerful with 1.145V rms @ 300Ω and it doesn’t get better with 0.41V rms @ 32Ω. This will not be sufficient.
  19. T

Hello, In Home office times I want to drive my Full Size Headphones (For example ZMF Eikon, HD650, Audioquest Nighthawk…) as well as my office Headphones (Koss KPH 30i and Grado sr325x with Mic Mod) from my office Notebook. With efficient Headphones like the Nighthawks (I know a lot of people...
  20. T

3.5mm Dongle DAC with Mic In

Please delete this one, it is a double post. I am sorry for that.
Top Bottom