Search results

1. C

Downsizing desktop office system

I am going to downsize my office in the near future. I currently have the fun set up of a macmini->NuForce uDAC-2->Marantz 8b->Old B&W Bookshelf speakers. The marantz looks awesome glowing away next to the mini and my flat panel, but it is big and kind of wasted there. And realistically won't...
  2. C

Double Blind Testing FAQ Development

Hi all, in a now shut down thread (for other reasons), I suggested that it might be nice to develop community FAQ on standards for double blind testing of components. That is, a guide that lays out some basic principles (e.g., same signal path EXCEPT for the two components being compared, both...
  3. C

oh dear... "Cable Pathways Between Audio Components Can Affect Perceived Sound Quality"

I haven't read it yet, but urg. The skimming I did revealed this gem: " In the hope that some audible difference will be detected, the cables in the two configurations were chosen to be as different as possible. With its much shorter length, bal- anced (versus single-ended) topology, and faster...
  4. C

“But they told me it was professional”: Extrinsic factors in the evaluation of musical performance

Psychology of Music Paper Abstract This study investigated the performance preferences of listeners without formal training in music. Specifically, it asked whether the quality of the performance (as represented by the status of the performer), the order of presentation of the performances, and...
  5. C

Syng

Someone should measure this... ;-) https://syngspace.com Their web site lists things like size, etc. but couldn't find one bit of information on audio specifications (other than it apparently produces sound...)
  6. C

Recommendations for EQ on a mac

Hi I have been trying to implement EQ on a Mac. The only thing that seems viable is eqmac (https://eqmac.app), but it is flaky (really doesn't seem to work at all) on Big Sur. Am I missing alternatives? Or does anyone out there have guidance on how to get eqmac running. thanks!
  7. C

Reference book recommendation

I have been reading through a good bit of this thread. Lots of good questions and (some) good answers. I study human perception for a living - I am more on the vision side, but know a decent bit about hearing. My strong recommendation in anyone interested in learning the solid fundamentals (sic)...
  8. C

ICEpower 200ASC Build

I am planning to build a mono amplifier to drive a passive 12" subwoofer. I am thinking about a using an ICEpower 200ASC module and a Ghent case. Thoughts? Also can anyone point me to a step-by-step DYI guide for building such an amp (or at least the stereo version). I know the wiring harness...
Top Bottom