Search results

1. D

Rega Planet, advice needed

Count Arthur, I've been thinking about what you said earlier, about building things from scratch. Any suggestions as to reputably suppliers of decent (tho not too expensive) kits? Something like a headphone amp or preamp, maybe even a valve type - observing the costs involved though.
  2. D

Repairs required for Audiolab MDAC Power daughterboard

I got my hands on another spares or repair original MDAC last week and have just started looking at it. The main board looks ok - no obvious signs of damage. I get the feeling someone has tried to replace the 5 large Capacitors (none present but they should be 4700 uf I think) on the Power...
  3. D

Here is an update on how things went, despite early promise the replacement laser unit was not up to scratch, noticeable distortion on Alanis morrisset's former infatuation junkie, higher midrange sounding fuzzy and gravelly if that makes sense. The later tracks on longer CD's also skipped. I...
  4. D

Think I've got the bug now .. in the middle of upgrading my Rega ear mk1, looking for ideas about what to do with my Cyrus 2, PSX and probably the DAC too.
  5. D

As asked previously, up there somewhere, I thought I'd post some pics and a description of what I've done. I only had an old cheap n nasty iron, so I bought a soldering station (little more expensive, but worth it) I found a version of the A3141 (the KY-003) mounted on a mini PCB with an led...
  6. D

MDAC and Cyrus2

Has anyone had issues with pairing the MDAC and Cyrus2 (issue 06 - 1st model). I've recently paired the 2 and have noticed some odd behaviour. I've a TV, PC, CD player all plugged in to the DAc, which is outputting to the Cyrus. When I tried to enable the internal pre-amp the sound became very...
  7. D

Rpi4 as a streamer, hints and advice ?

Thanks for the reply, that's cleared things up, luckily for me, your last statement fits what I'm hearing, the RPI won't improve on what I'm currently using.
  8. D

Well my 9889273928W machine is running doing something or other most of the time when I listen to music, so I may as well just stick with it.
  9. D

One thing I'm wondering about is if the Rpie will make much of a discernible difference to my setup. My ASUS maximus Code XI based PC has the following audio spec: SupremeFX S1220 CODEC ESS® ES9023P High Definition DAC 32-bit/192khz playback multi streaming According to the manual due to HDA...
  10. D

I used CD-Player-DAC-Transport List (narod.ru) to find a donor for the cd transport mech KSS240A, a Sony CDP M12 cost £30 off ebay .. luckily in perfect working order .. plays all the CD's the planet skipped on no problems. Just waiting for some solder, 4 replacement diodes for the power...
  11. D

It was a solid state unit that was held in place on the underside of the top casing by a strap. This makes me think it may be a magnetic proximity type ( Didnt know they were known as hall effect sensors). The 3 connections (wires) were connected to a small pcb with contactors to holes where the...
  12. D

My Planet recently began skipping and so I thought I'd give the tracks and lenses a clean. One of the wires to the lid sensor was frayed and so I took the sensor off and desoldered the wires from the board to make fixing it easier. Things were left in that state till after work the following...
  13. D

Thanks for the answers, I've been a bit busy to follow anything (bit of a disaster with a Rega Planet :( but that's another story). As I said I'm totally new to this but appreciate the input. Yes I do think the case will accommodate the hat and yes I am also aware of the restrictions of using...
  14. D

I'm just starting to look into using an Rpi4 as a streamer. I'll be connecting to an Audiolab Mdac (preferably via digital coax). Looking around for bits n pices I've found these : JustBoom Digi HAT for the Raspberry Pi: Raspberry Pi 7-Inch Touch Screen Display Black Touchscreen Raspberry...
Top Bottom