Search results

1. Talisker

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

Hi Alls and Happy new year I'm currently build a "beside table" player with the TANCHJIM Space. It's based on a BananaPI (Open Hardware/Source) BPI M4 Zero, This computer board have 2 usb-c 2Go of RAM and 8 Go of eMMC perfect for a silent and low powered solution... So far so good
  2. Talisker

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

Do not hesitate to install the Android Apps of Tanchjim to check or set the device. Question to Amir : Which wave filter have used during your test ?
  3. Talisker

FX-Audio D2160 Integrated Amplifier with Bluetooth – Review

It's a good choice, I use it with the Digione Player (tested by Amir) https://www.allo.com/sparky/digione-player.html. In sale, here in France, you can find it at 1500€. Enjoy the music
  4. Talisker

Hello, I talk with Technics when they launched the ST-G30, this product is a no-sens with the SU-G700. The amplifier is a pure digital amplifier, it can't amplify analog sources (it use an ADC to do it). If you buy the couple ST-G30 and the SU-G700 you have every things in double !!! If you have...
  5. Talisker

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

Of course, it not play on the same field than Hypex, and I'm not a specs expert, but I still think that is interesting to review other technologies (here full digital instead half digital in hypex) to check contributions and failures of each devices. Anyway it's just a proposal, and audiophile...
  6. Talisker

not so bad ... for less than 150$ (in coax or usb of course) Specification Type: Full digital decoding amplifier Input port: USB/AUX/3.5mm Coaxial and Optical 1/Bluetooth/Optical 2 Output Port: Amplifier output port/3.5mm Headphone port/Subwoofer Voltage: 24V Output power:80W x 2...
  7. Talisker

You seem to be right, I do not seen these stuff, funny :D
  8. Talisker

Hi Folks, Thanks again amir for this review, I'm really confident that this full digital amplifier https://www.amazon.com/SMSL-AD18-Amplifier-Bluetooth-Subwoofer/dp/B071JN7GXN/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1547286303&sr=8-3&keywords=smsl+ad18 can approach (at low level of course) the specs of the...
  9. Talisker

It will be very interesting to have internal schema of the Lyngdorf and the FX-Audio to compare different approaches..
  10. Talisker

The PCM1804 are used only on analog inputs, and for analog to digital convertion, If that help this is the schema of the SU-G700
  11. Talisker

There are some, Lyngdorf 3400 for instance ... I'm running a Technics SU-G700 right now, it's also an FDA (Full Digital Amplifier)
  12. Talisker

Room Measurement Tutorial for Dummies Part 2

Hi, Very interesting subject, I guess we will have the #3 soon ...
  13. Talisker

Allo Katana DAC

Reviews by technologists and hobbyists are on the way, as usual, there are many interrogations around Power Supply but more interesting about filters in the new Sabre Chip ... with all these filters it will be more difficult to compare DAC together. People seems to compare Katana with the...
  14. Talisker

DAC talking, starts with ESS chips

by the way there is a DSP on the ESS9038 with filters and deeemphasis (ESS)
  15. Talisker

Allo Katana DAC

I agree, and he sell this product on his web site so ... he can't be very objective there is also a strange feeling in his report : "I can’t sustain a listening session of more than an hour without wanting to stop the music and take a rest." @amirm : What you think about the burn-in process ...
  16. Talisker

Allo Katana DAC

First review ... https://volumio.org/allo-katana-dac-review/
  17. Talisker

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

Maybe an interesting product PSAudio 599$ ... I know it's again an ICE integrator ...
  18. Talisker

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

Thanks Amir, So the only way to do this is using sound card like the Asus Xonar U5/7 ? or have 2 different device on 2 USB port, one for Hifi another for AV 6.1 ? have you reviewed or tested this type of sound card ?
  19. Talisker

Allo Katana DAC

@amirm : I'm interesting to know how you will manage your measurement for this device. Because is not only a DAC it's source as well, there is no input on it. Do you use sample in flac format to make your measurement or send signal from I2S connectors ?
  20. Talisker

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

I know that SPDIF have limited specs, but I have a big doubt that DAC chips let this specific stream going through, I don't see anything in the DAC specs about multi-channel treatment or behavior, and I can't test it; This gear seem to be capable of ... USB Streamer , but it's really a DAC just...
Top Bottom