Search results

1. wheresmymoney

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Oh wow, he went to Meta? Just searched and saw it. Looks like Audyssey is a pretty small outfit; a loss of someone in his role at a company this size is a probably a huge blow. Agree with the worrying part. Wonder if Jeff was worried, too.
  2. wheresmymoney

That sounds like what I was thinking. I can't find the source I was thinking of, but this video covers it. I just suffered through the Joe'n'Tell video because I thought I might have seen it there, but didn't find it there, either. Although, it sounds like he was basically doing the same...
  3. wheresmymoney

I could very well be wrong, but I thought I read you could simply "exclude" the measurement position, and then load REW filters and it would exclude Audyssey from doing it's own thing and stick to the REW import only.
  4. wheresmymoney

Are SVS subs over-rated?

This made me chuckle; when I was a kid, I remember driving with my uncle as he stopped and reversed to grab a pair of Infinity's someone was throwing out. Turns out, they were really nice (at least what I understood as a kid). A quick search just revealed they were Infinity Monitor II's with...
  5. wheresmymoney

Audyssey Room EQ Review

I've had this happen occasionally on my Marantz (SR7013 - XT32). Same resolution of hard power cycle. In my case, nothing had changed (levels, filters, etc.) until after disconnecting power. It was early on in my days with the iOS/iPadOS app and initially thought it just wasn't very good...
  6. wheresmymoney

Funny thing about that site; they had some links for things like "mic placement for measurements", etc. that were incorrectly pointing to "events" on their site, for things like "How to be a better cam girl". Turns out they were compromised a long time ago but never fully cleaned up. I've seen...
  7. wheresmymoney

Ouch. Out of curiosity, how many measurement positions is that with?
  8. wheresmymoney

Thanks for providing your firsthand experience with the new app.
  9. wheresmymoney

Some actually believe that music from different drive types (SSD,HDD) or different SATA cables can sound different

Thanks, I think I just had an aneurism reading that thread. But, it was worth it just to read this quote: "The fact is, sadly, that you are the one who is wrong all over. This starts with not knowing anything about anything."
  10. wheresmymoney

Room Acoustics, Treatments, and Extending Walls for Weird, Open Floorplan

Thanks for the reply. I wholeheartedly agree. That said, I really don’t have too much freedom to move the furniture without impacting walkways, etc. The room/furniture sizing/shape is just kind of a nightmare overall. Thought about maybe a floating wall few feet behind my MLP, too. But I’ve been...
  11. wheresmymoney

Room Acoustics, Treatments, and Extending Walls for Weird, Open Floorplan

I thought I would ask here to get some opinions. I have quite an open floorplan (8 ft ceilings) and have quite a bit of slap echo. I came across some absorbers w/scatter plates (20"x20"x50mm foam) and corner traps (150mm) that had a mild improvement, but nothing too drastic on decay times via...
  12. wheresmymoney

Speaker Upgrades - GR Research

I just finished watching some of the GR videos; well, scrolling through them to actual content. One thing that really stood out to me was the frequency with which he touched his neck and/or face while talking. For the uninitiated, that can be a tell for dishonesty. Or, perhaps he could have been...
  13. wheresmymoney

Audyssey Room EQ Review

If using limited correction range, eg <500Hz, and setting to Reference curve, does it still apply the High Frequency Rolloff 1/2? I wouldn’t think it would, but flat seems brighter (and more desirable due to my speakers/room/old man ears). I need to play some tomorrow and get REW/Umik out...
Top Bottom