Search results

1. B

Monoprice THX-365IW Review (In-wall Speaker)

Amire Why do you use this language? ( "To a pisher..." ) It show your ability to accept criticism. Not much. You might think, when you shave in the morning, and look in the mirror, that you are perfect. Well no one is. The more you report, the more flaw emerge from the data. I just try to...
  2. B

"work in progress" In Hebrew there is say, that you show a half way done job only to a donkey. What's the rush? Complete the prep. and then publish it done and dusted. "Can you not see..." Well, I can see some cheerleaders, applause everything that is uploaded to this site, but some do not...
  3. B

What that has to do with listening and a recommendation? I assume no one forced you (band your hand behind your back) to test an in wall speaker. Some fields, like HP require some fixtures. In wall speakers might need one too. If you wish to test in wall speakers, you might need some...
  4. B

What is different this morning from the rest of the days? No listening! Who cares how a speaker sounds, its all about measurements. Seriesly. As so, No recommandation, No EQ, No verdict.
  5. B

HSU HB-1 MK2 Review (Horn Speaker)

Up's As my memory recalls, Amir is testing only one speaker. So is for listening session. Most likely because he has only one speaker. He also claimed that he has only one channel Amp. So it's no way to test or listen to a pair. Imaging is irrelevant.
  6. B

It's not my job. It's the designer's job. A given speaker is design to sound right at a specific position. A horn loaded speaker, is design to sound right with the help of the side and back walls (mostly a corner, as the famous Klipsch Horn does). When it is placed at that specific spot, all...
  7. B

U-Turn Pluto 2 Review (Phono Preamp)

The resistors are the cheapest components on that board. How cheap that can be? I estimate it might be all, cost less than a $1.- SMT resistors should cost about 5 cents each, in quantities. I don't care what people collect. LP's sound is terrible. There is a lot of foreplay, before getting...
  8. B

"they can sound very good and for many older titles a clean LP will sound just as good if not better than the latest "digital remastered version". No way. The technical list of LP downsides are well noticed while listening to one. I'm especially sensitive to the pops and clicks of the LP's...
  9. B

Sorry, the imaging is coming mostly from the toe in, which the manual is very specific about. The distances from side and back walls are mostly about tonal balance. As most high Fr. is directional, the lows are surrounding the box 360 deg, the lower they get. Walls reflect it and that's an...
  10. B

Do you remember the guidelines to develop the CD, by PHILIPS and SONY? The incentive was to solve all CD problems. There were so many: Playing time, and the need to turn the LP (side A and B). each 22-25 min only. The total length of playing time was short. A CD can play 80 min. equals to...
  11. B

You might remember, why the CD was invented by PHILIPS and SONY? The major objectives were to overcome the LP problems: Nor to turn sides after 20-25 min. To play longer than 45 min. (80 min, for Beethoven 9th from start to end) To have a no wow and flutter! To have a flat Fr. over the entire...
  12. B

Nice and clean built quality. Wonder why mix manufacturing process: through hole and SMT? I see that LP returns big time. What a shame.
  13. B

From my experience, the manual is the place to start with, not to end with. It's a guideline that moving things around a bit (closer or away from walls), provides different sound, many times better. To move a speaker a little here or there is the cheapest upgrade to sound you may found. I know...
  14. B

Any specific instructions for placing? For size, it might require a stand. Not specified. For horns, usually the speaker requires corners to balance the high horn efficiency vs a normal efficiency of the conventional woofer. Klipsch does, and explains that the two walls amplifies naturally the...
  15. B

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

solderdude You are tiring me. Please go and find yourself another ride. It seems that my destination is different from yours. Sorry it's half way for you, but you must get down. I drove for you an extra mile and we are still far from a common ground. As no one died from an EQ overdose, feel...
  16. B

Hi Newcomer to the freak show. "False equivalence. Please don't tell me we need to explain why." Why? Yes' please explain. I do not buy a HP model, that you recommend, run a test in my lab (I don't have a lab) and than listen and EQ. Normal people, that buy a set of HP don't do that. If you...
  17. B

I think that Amir is EQ reproducing paths and not recording path (Mic etc') so on this I'll pass. If you of the 2nd Escola, EQ is Ok. Placing a black forest cake on top of your speaker also works, as long the sound sounds sweet.
  18. B

Amir Amir, lets take a room (as good or bad as you wish, for this mind exercise) place in that room a musician that plays an instrument, or a trio and ask the musician(s) to play a peace. Do you need to equalize them to get there? I don't think so. I see you are so much into EQ, that normal...
  19. B

I knew there are two major Escolas in Audio: 1. who aims to reproduce sound as close as possible to the real thing... 2. Who gave up on "1" as it's impossible to reach, so they aim to the most pleasant sound for their ears. Now I'm finding a third Escola: The EQ group. Those who EQ everything...
Top Bottom