Search results

1. sprellemannen

Don't be an AUDIOFOOL (from an article by John Siau who is VP at Benchmark)

Read the article. It is great that @John_Siau has written such an article. Benchmark may be the only (or at least one of very few) audio company that clearly encourages the audiophiles not to be audiofools (most audio companies encourages the audiophiles to be/become audiofools). A small...
  2. sprellemannen

TAD R1 and JBL Everest DD66000 found at a dump after a flood

Read the story by pressing =AZV4Ju-C_j1g__rdHOBHXT3hfsfinhkbjfd53uJepDquF80ESGBSMlTkeoL41n7ca9qr-o5p1iHtRcoDIYVLNGp5yY0iqBtSrU5dFl6rWlRVOA&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R']here. Together with Revel Ultima Salon2, TAD Reference One and JBL Everest DD66000 are my top 3 loudspeakers: All of them are amazing...
  3. sprellemannen

Plugs to protect the headphone amp's output from dust: Does it make sense?

Look at the photo below where the arrows point. Does it make sense to buy such plugs to block the headphone outputs when not in use? (to prevent dust) (if an headphone amplifier has multiple outputs: The non-used could be blocked) Or is this not an issue?
  4. sprellemannen

DAC + head amp (in one box) for desk setup with headphones only (no loudspeakers)

I want to buy a great DAC + head amp (in one box). It will be used for my desk setup with headphones only (no speakers) and a laptop as the source. My headphones are Sennheiser HD 800 S, which sensitivity is 102 dB at 1 mW and impedance is 300 ohm. The have been measured by Audiosciencereview...
  5. sprellemannen

What electronic audio products you want RE-tested most

List product(-s) you want re-tested (another unit of the same product). I want Sennheiser HDV-820 USB DAC & Headphone Amp re-tested.
  6. sprellemannen

Leakage performance for closed headphones

I would like the leakage performance to be included in the reviews of closed headphones, because I find that information important. Rtings includes that, see for instance leakage. That being said, Amir does a totally stunning job in reviewing gear.
  7. sprellemannen

Diagram rotation

If this kind of diagrams are rotated, I think they are easier to read (and rotate the numbers as well for readability). Example:
  8. sprellemannen

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year (in advance) to all members of this amazing forum!
  9. sprellemannen

The ultimate headphone stand costs $ 16.99 (and it has additional features)

Its name is NÄVLINGE, and it is sold by IKEA. It * is bendable (see the photos for an example) * comes in black, white or blue * comes in many different variations other than colours (price varies then a bit, but it will still be extremely cheap) * has a base making it steady * is a lamp! IKEA...
  10. sprellemannen

Wear and tear of headphones (photos)

It can be difficult for a reviewer to say something about how good headphones are regarding wear and tear. This thread is meant to make readers aware of such things (bad or good) documented by photos.
  11. sprellemannen

Pizza

Pizza with extra cheese.
  12. sprellemannen

buying an internet domain: help needed

I may want to buy a domain to put my "CV-information" on it. Any suggestions regarding this? What is the costs etc. ?
  13. sprellemannen

Popular place to have a personal website (preferably free)

Anyone having suggestions on this? (there are many persons with IT background on this site) The purpose of my website is to put "CV-information" on it. Links to certifications, write something about education, contact information etc.
  14. sprellemannen

help finding artist and song thread

This thread is meant for helping finding artist and song name (for cases where the Soundhound app does not find it). Can someone tell me what is the artist and song name for melody in Donald Trump's video posted on his twitter account on 8:53 PM Nov 11, 2020 ? Link (no political or other off...
  15. sprellemannen

what made you willing to spend "some bucks" on audio gear?

What made you willing to spend some bucks on audio gear and not stick to something really cheap, say like that stereo shown below? To be more clear: Tell us about how you discovered high quality stereo systems, and what made you buy such a system.
  16. sprellemannen

Optimal wall placement (height) of TV

What is the optimal distance from the floor to the bottom of the TV? (I guess the centre point of the TV is a basis for the computation) The following information is given: Given the following regarding the TV: a) Its format is 16:9. b) Its size is x inches. c) It has no border. Assume that...
  17. sprellemannen

Acoustical draperies with specs (Noise reduction coefficient, Sound absorption average, ...)

Rose Brand - a curtain example What do you think? The specifications can be seen by pressing the "Techincal info" tab in the above link Is it worth it for use in living rooms (compared to "normal" draperies) ? (and other rooms in the apartment as well) The home page: Rose Brand
  18. sprellemannen

Non-audio-products sites which are measurement based ("scientific based")

TV's and monitors: RTINGS.com Do you know of other sites like that? (I could want sites for washing machines, tumble dryers and more).
Top Bottom