Search results

1. sprellemannen

Who would you consider to be an Ethical Manufacturer in the Audio Business?

I guess they were good as I cannot imagine Benchmark willing to sell a product which is not. I have no idea why they were discontinued. Links, manual, measurements etc here.
  2. sprellemannen

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Amazing headphone.
  3. sprellemannen

I think Benchmark is amazing. Read this anti-snake oil article by Benchmark.
  4. sprellemannen

Don't be an AUDIOFOOL (from an article by John Siau who is VP at Benchmark)

Read the article. It is great that @John_Siau has written such an article. Benchmark may be the only (or at least one of very few) audio company that clearly encourages the audiophiles not to be audiofools (most audio companies encourages the audiophiles to be/become audiofools). A small...
  5. sprellemannen

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

1) Loudspeakers (more Genelec's, because they are probably very good) and also by Wilson and Gryphon (for the opposite reason when taking price in consideration). 2) Headphones (more by Sennheiser). 3) the dCS Lina stack. 4) Niimbus US5.
  6. sprellemannen

TAD R1 and JBL Everest DD66000 found at a dump after a flood

Interesting to read. What are your speakers today? And the rest of your hi-fi system's components?
  7. sprellemannen

TAD R1 and JBL Everest DD66000 found at a dump after a flood

Read the story by pressing =AZV4Ju-C_j1g__rdHOBHXT3hfsfinhkbjfd53uJepDquF80ESGBSMlTkeoL41n7ca9qr-o5p1iHtRcoDIYVLNGp5yY0iqBtSrU5dFl6rWlRVOA&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R']here. Together with Revel Ultima Salon2, TAD Reference One and JBL Everest DD66000 are my top 3 loudspeakers: All of them are amazing...
  8. sprellemannen

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Thanks for your great answer to my question. The quoted text applies to many, I think: Science beats subjectivity.
  9. sprellemannen

How would you describe the differences between them?
  10. sprellemannen

Would you rebuy your current setup?

For me, your consideration makes perfect sense. And a great plus for being so honest.
  11. sprellemannen

Would you rebuy your current setup?

This is an excellent topic. It also shows if we have self insight. I am satisfied with all components I have bought, but I would probably have bought some of them second hand instead of all new as I did. I would have tried speakers from Genelec and Neumann and compared them (if possible!) with...
  12. sprellemannen

I think this is an excellent thread/topic. The buyers decide which products will do well on the market. If we buy from ethical manufacturers only, then the business will totally change to the better.
  13. sprellemannen

Great speakers. Congratulations! !
  14. sprellemannen

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I have just the same experience with HD 800S: It is an amazing headphone. I also re-bought it (regretted selling my HD 800)
  15. sprellemannen

Are MBL omnidirectional speakers worth the $$$?

That may be true ("additional sales"). IMO, companies who promote BS (at least to a rather great extent) should be avoided. Note that I am not saying that MBL's speakers are BS: I choose to be agnostic about them until I know more, even though I have listened to MBL speakers. I just will never...
  16. sprellemannen

? Press on the "Spoiler: Gear"-button and you will see that I do not own products from MBL.
  17. sprellemannen

It would be nice if Amir could measure MBL speakers so the readers on this forum could get some objective facts. That being said, personally I am sceptical of supporting brands which sells products at absolutely nonsense prices. MBL sells a CD transport which costs approx 21800 euro and their...
  18. sprellemannen

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

Applause to all companies willing to send their products to Amir. That is in itself a quality sign.
  19. sprellemannen

Blind tests.....

Maybe most of Nike's products' prices in fact are low because of their extremely huge number of units sold? (low compared to the material costs combined with the product development and research costs) The same can not be said about the products of brands like Gryphon, dCS, Goldmund etc.
Top Bottom