Search results

1. LanceLewin

Eggleston Works Fontaine (Danny/GR review)

Like Moonlight announces, the speakers he is testing are products sent from viewers/customers and thus such examples may actually have issues that are beyond what some of these products have with other owners of the same product. For example, I own a 1999 pair of these Eggleston Works (Granite)...
  2. LanceLewin

Upgraded AK1499EQ DAC: Why Some Red Book CD's are Not Affected w/Upgrade?

Very interesting - thank you all for presenting possible culprits. I look forward to researching some of what you have offered. In any case, in a well rounded 2-channel system, the DAC is only one part of the equation. In this case, it seems, for now, my current SA8005 seems to still hold...
  3. LanceLewin

Upgraded AK1499EQ DAC: Why Some Red Book CD's are Not Affected w/Upgrade?

Happy Spring, everyone! Just completed a very precise A/B test with new DAC built around a AK1499E/Q chip combo, and my older Marantz SA8005 w/ CS4398 w/low jitter dual clock? Several old CD's seem unaffected with the upgrade from the CS4398, while others' showed a pronounced difference (e.g...
  4. LanceLewin

YPAO and R.S.C - how does the R.S.C part work?

Good day! So, I was reading the Intro on EQ from the link above and noticed the reference to Home theater; but, what modifications to what I was reading will be made, if any, for dedicated 2-channel Stereo enjoyment. What would be my next step in EQ for my listening room. Thank you.
  5. LanceLewin

The Fantasticality of Immersive Musical Spaces

The Fantasticality of Immersive Musical Spaces (Edited 12.14.22) Introduction: As a serious Audiophile for fifty years, I have enjoyed spinning vinyl and injecting silver disks onto, and into, respectively, using my HiFi systems source components; in 2021 I decided to try digital music (e.g...
  6. LanceLewin

The Fantasticality of Immersive Musical Spaces

The Fantasticality of Immersive Musical Spaces Introduction: As a serious Audiophile for fifty years, I have enjoyed spinning vinyl and injecting silver disks onto, and into, respectively, using my HiFi systems source components; in 2021 I decided to try digital music (e.g., downloaded...
  7. LanceLewin

The Art of Photography from a Traditional Posture

RD, ... indeed, mixing techniques between media is most adventurous, surely creative...and its identification (or tag) of such diversity can only solidify a more deep and intellectual interpretation and / or appreciation of the work.
  8. LanceLewin

The Art of Photography Good day, Paul, Steve, everyone! It has been a while since I last visited this website and want to say Paul has led me to the “Rabbit Hole”, but I very willingly ventured down into it! Paul had suggested one important means of helping me convey my thoughts was through...
  9. LanceLewin

Good photography forums with critiques and judged comps

Good day! I am the South Atlantic Area Membership Director for the Photographic Society of America (PSA); however, it is a world wide photographic community. Reach back out to me: [email protected] to continue this conversation.
  10. LanceLewin

AXPONA 2021 (Who is Going)

Hope everyone is doing well! Yes, at first distressed with the Oct dates, but now happy - as this will likely be in favor of attracting more vendors. Look forward to meeting a lot of you in Chicago!
  11. LanceLewin

The sound quality of DSD?

M-A Recording: Just amazing the level of detail Todd captures! I am listening to several tracks I purchased and Demo's he provided, too. The feeling of being present at the actual event is far better than the best Reference Recordings of the mid-90's (well, most anyway, because I have a few RR...
  12. LanceLewin

Gee...amazing resolution in the closely cropped frame. Leave it to Leica. What glass is this? I remember when this camera was released, I never did see a comprehensive review on it - but I never did go looking. what film system do you use? I went digital in 2009, but in 2015 took back out my...
  13. LanceLewin

Really appreciate the comments. Thank you!
  14. LanceLewin

Heard the noise as I passed a very high volume output on my preamp: suddenly it was loud and frankly outrageous. However, the vendor send me access to DL the Flac version and the entire Noise thing was gone, no matter how high I turned up the volume. The vendor said he could find no fault or...
  15. LanceLewin

Good afternoon, Pads! The Fly, as long as that head is not white...we are all OK. Seriously, this is a very neat capture...love the shallow Dof that helps focus oon the subject. Nice capture! Would be nice if you could share a few of your dad's favorite photographs. Thanks!
  16. LanceLewin

...that's very funny!
  17. LanceLewin

Good afternoon! Really appreciate this entry: love the BW conversion to this engaging Landscape!! I too follow and embrace your thoughts (insights) on post-production, and happy you shared them here. Hope you visit my website to learn a little more about my perspectives from behind the glass...
  18. LanceLewin

And these are good points: I actually find using the term sometimes uneasy - but for lack of a better term or to skip writing lengthy threads (and Lord, is that not a terrible excuse...) I refer back to using, traditional. Thank you, Paul. And I still am reading (and digesting) the...
  19. LanceLewin

Happy Friday, TKS! Yes, this is a well documented example of darkroom manipulation: in fact, it is a common practice for both film and digital based work to be heavily Dodged & Burned in the creative process. However, and as I have stated in a very extended response to a post by Steve...
  20. LanceLewin

Good morning, Paul. Below I just posted a few points (on Steven's contribution to this discussion) regarding 19th Century Pictorialism. (Please scroll down to read that passage. Thanks.) No, I have not witnessed poor (formal school) photography instruction (as most K-12 do not have a program...
Top Bottom