Search results

1. solderdude

interest check for planning an audio meet in Nederland

Just checking to see if there is an interest in planning a meet (in the Netherlands) between members (maybe even some Belgian and German members close to the Duct border ?) When there is enough interest I could see if there would be a possibility to set something like this up somewhere central...
  2. solderdude

headphone tonality test

Here is a fun test for you to try. 5 x the same excerpt of a live recording. All MP3 VBR0 48kHz. (I know... should have been FLAC but that is 3.5x the file size) the differences have been preserved. 1 of them is the original 4 of them are the same excerpt but have undergone the exact same EQ as...
  3. solderdude

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

This poll is born out of a 'soundstage / imaging' discussion. I am just curious how people hear headphone 'soundstage'. Note this is with 'normal' recordings so NO binaural recordings and without any processing/plug-ins like crossfeed, stereo enhancers and 3D emulators. Just a plain...
  4. solderdude

New Sennheiser pads measured.

New Sennheiser pads (HD580, HD58X, HD600, HD650, HD6XX, HD660S) As of medio 2021 Sennheiser is sourcing their pads from another (I assume much cheaper) supplier. Sennheiser mentioned there is very little difference in sound and differences within the entire audible range will be smaller than...
  5. solderdude

Headphone Pad Thickness Effect

There has been some discussions about pad thickness. Mostly about the DT990. I took some headphones I have lying around (all with lots of hours on it already) and put these on my flatplate. Measured the pad thickness on the outside and then pressed them onto the rig using velcroband around the...
  6. solderdude

Sony NW-A100TPS walkman ... emulation

really cool retro. I really like it. Too bad it's a bit too expensive.
  7. solderdude

proper usage of Koss KSC75

8. solderdude

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

I am curious about what 'audio science review' members do for a living (or are retired) and if they have hobbies other than audio. I'll kick of. Daily job: is designing, building (manufacture), FAT and service electronics for railway measurement systems. Used to work in audio/video repairs...
  9. solderdude

squarewaves for headphone measurements is it useful ?

Above the 440Hz square-wave of the HD800, below the HD650. The HD650 produce about the best squarewaves I have measured to date.
  10. solderdude

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Just curious ... What headphone(s) do you currently own ? Which one(s) is(are) used the most, or is your favorite ?
  11. solderdude

Powerbank keep-alive to power low current 5V devices

Feeding/charging a low-current draw device from a powerbank is not going to work with most powerbanks. The reason for this is that a powerbank has an internal battery of 3.7V. In order to get 5V from an output there is a step-up converter present in the powerbank that puts out around 5V. Such a...
  12. solderdude

Hi

Hi Guys, Thought I'd join. Probably will not be posting that much due to being a bit too busy and a second reason listed below. Family, hobbies, website, forum, lots of e-mails, daily job etc. limit the time I can spend. But maybe I have it wrong and might post a bit more than I think I will...
Top Bottom