Search results

1. P

Headphones and Parametric EQ

Hi Guys I wonder if you can help please. I’m trying to set my headphones Sennheiser 560s to the Oratory1990 settings. my problem is my parametric equaliser only has 8 bands the frequencies are fixed and do not coincide with those set out by Oratory1990 Band Otatory1990 db Q My Equalizer...
  2. P

iPad headphone jack

Hi Guys The headphone jack on my iPad is faulty. I have tried to clean it with a bit of success bit it seems that the socket is slack and doesn’t connect with the plug unless it’s wiggled ( a technical term). As it’s imposible to open up the iPad does anybody know os an oversized plug that...
  3. P

Amazon Price Watch

Hi Guys I saw this and thought it might be useful. If this isn’t the right Forum then perhaps the Moderators will post it more it to the most appropriate forum. This uses a website called camelcamelcameluk to track prices on Amazon. For example once you have opened camelcamelcameluk type in...
  4. P

Trichord Dino Upgrade

Hi Guys I’m looking to upgrade my Trichord Dino phono stage (this is an original model, now referred to I believe as the Mark 1). It is quite a few years old, I did buy it new. I use it with a Hana SL cartridge which is a moving coil. Thinking about the age of the thing I was wondering with...
  5. P

Record clamp mod

Hi Guys I saw this and thought it looked interesting https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/accessories/phono-azimuth-vtf-scales/84713-record-clamp-tweak Haven’t tried it myself yet but I will do. I won’t be making it permanent, probably just super glue the balls in place just...
  6. P

Takstar HI 2050 Headphones

Hi Does anybody have an Eq setting for the above. I looked in all the obvious places but to no avail. Research shows they are similar to Beyerdynamic DT880 but I don’t think they are close enough. I have managed to find a frequency chart but not sure how accurate it is. Thanks Regards William
  7. P

Minidsp 2x4hd inverted polarity

Not sure exactly which Forum this should be in - feel free to move seen fit. Hi Guys Not really wanting to start a discussion about inverted polarity. I had been reading a few things and the easiest thing it said to do was to change the pos and neg over on the speaker. As I use JRiver media...
  8. P

Hana SL cartridge loading

Hi Guys I wonder if you could help please. I have a Hana SL, the suggested load impedance is >400 ohms. I have it feeding into a Trichord Dino phono stage where the options are 100ohms or 1000ohms. My question is ‘Can I add resistors to the incoming phono interconnects to bring the impedance...
  9. P

Eq Sennheiser HD 545 Reference

Hi Guys I’m trying to Eq my headphones, they are Sennheiser HD545 Reference. I searched the lists of Eq headphones and they have not been included. However the HD540 Reference II have and therefore I was wondering if I used the Eq for them that would be close enough. I appreciate that there...
Top Bottom