Search results

1. D

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Thank you for the review! Does it have loud click/pop sound when changing sample rate, while using toslink input?
  2. D

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

Thank you for the review! Does it make any kind of loud click/pop sound when switching sample rate, with USB or TOSLINK input?
  3. D

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Thank you for the review! Since I have an actual ground loop issue, I'm very interested in that ground lift feature. However have some concerns. Is it safe to keep that ground switch in "lift" all the time? If so, why not keep the ground lifted by default in such amps?
  4. D

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Okay now it's my turn to share some experience with this DAC. And unfortunately it wasn't the best. I have three issues with it. I quickly compiled videos for two of them to better illustrate those issues. 1. When using Toslink (Optical) input, SMSL DO100 skips some audio (stutters) if playback...
  5. D

Thoughts on SMSL D-6 DAC?

Okay there's a firmware for D-6 release on Shenzhenaudio, which is also now being discussed on the review thread. Can somebody check if it fixes the notorious USB click-after-idle issue? And also, which I'm personally interested the most, how is the situation with Toslink clicks/pops?
  6. D

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

I just got DO100 and I can confirm it skips around 0,5 sec of audio when changing sample rates. Comparison to some other devices that I own: SMSL Sanskrit mk.II (AKM) - smooth switching Solid State Logic SSL2+ (AKM) - smooth switching MOTU M4 (ESS) - skips around 1 sec of audio and actually...
  7. D

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

How bad is that? I am considering this unit, but kinda worried after reading your reports
  8. D

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

By the way, regarding input sensitivity of Topping L50. The specsheet says: 2.7 Vrms for Hi Gain mode with BAL input, but the nominal BAL output for the DAC is 4 Vrms! Does it mean that I clip by default when using BAL OUT of the DAC with HI GAIN mode of L50?
  9. D

I have a question for Topping L50 owners. My unit has somewhat shaky/loosy volume knob. In other words, I need like 1-2° before starting to feel resistance and the volume would actually change. It almost feels like it dampened in some way. Before this I've had an Atom AMP and the knob there felt...
  10. D

wacomme Thank you for the feedback! Appreciate it
  11. D

Have you happened to get one of these? Also I'm looking for the same DAC+AMP combo, please share your experience so far
  12. D

Can someone explain me how exactly input sensitivity works? It says 2.7 Vrms for Hi Gain mode with BAL input, but the nominal BAL output for the DAC is 4 Vrms! Does it mean that I clip by default when using BAL OUT of the DAC with HI GAIN mode of L50? Thanks in advance!
  13. D

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Sorry for the lame question, but is the circuitry between DAC-part and AMP-part balanced as well? Asking because I’m looking for the ability to break ground loop while using internal amp.
  14. D

Behringer UMC204 HD Audio Interface Review

This was exactly my experience as well. I'd like to add that turning INPUT MIX knob to the left also seems to affect this.
  15. D

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

I have behringer UMC204HD and Mouriv 35C-XLR PRO (and all these chinese adapters are esentially the same). With this setup I have no problems whatsoever. No additional noise/ hum etc.
  16. D

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

It’s an interesting finding. Thank you for sharing. I wonder if it has something to do with strange anomaly discovered by Julian Krause in his Motu M2 review: when no mic drawing phantom power there was an audible low frequency hum. And it went away after connecting proper condenser mic or...
  17. D

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

Does it have certain maximum input level, in Vrms/dBU, like we have on headphone amplifiers? The manual only says that default 0.0 dB setting suited for +4dBU and in case of -10dBV one might want to dial +11dB of volume on the monitor. However I would like to know the actual limits of its amp in...
  18. D

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Sounds perfect to me, good luck! Btw, according to my measurements, this DAC consumes around 0,35A at MAX, so 1A source will be plenty
  19. D

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Main purpose of external power input - for such cases as connecting DAC to phone/tablet i.e. devices which won’t provide enough power for DAC to function properly. On the other hand, some people use this even with PC, to “get rid of “dirty” power provided by PC USB ports”. If you want to go that...
  20. D

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Can you please elaborate what kind of SPDIF issue you are talking about? I've been considering to get D30 Pro with the main use case of its TOSLINK input connected to PC onboard audio optical out. Is that a bad idea?
Top Bottom