Search results

1. bb8

Objectivist friendly and wallet friendly IEM?

Hm well $300 gets you into the Fiio FH5 territory. Alot of people seem to like them. Also thought the LZ A7 was an interesting option because they allow you to adjust the tuning to your preference. They were also pretty hyped up on headfi though. Will agree with you there is a lot of hype in the...
  2. bb8

If I'm understanding correctly, your budget is around $100? Starfields meet that criteria of closest option to Blessing 2 in terms of SQ for much less $$. Reason I say is they follow a similar tuning which is part of why they sound so good. I think they're more similar than different. Have not...
  3. bb8

The B2's are more resolving in the upper and lower frequencies. Dynamics are better. Separation is much better whereas I felt the Starfields had a blur between instruments when there was a lot instruments playing at the same time. Soundstage is about the same size with both. The bass is very...
  4. bb8

I noticed a huge difference burning in the Starfields. I think I burned them in over 3 nights before they really opened up. Noticed the same thing with the Blessing 2's but wasn't quite as dramatic.
  5. bb8

The monoprice monolith usb stick is very nice sounding and fairly cheap as well. Saw some users reporting it sounds better than the cobalt.
  6. bb8

Periodic Audio Rhodium DAC Review

Does the lightning to audio adapter measure roughly the same? Curious if there is something comparable for lightning that's cheap.
  7. bb8

Linkwitz LX521.4 - new build and impressions

As always the answer is it depends. They don't need subwoofers in general, but it's dependent on the size and placement of your room. A very large room would definitely benefit but an average room they can really dig down deep. They can also get pretty loud. Congrats on your build sutton, the...
  8. bb8

From a quality point of view, does it make sense to DIY loudspeakers?

I think DIY can be worth it if you pick the right design. There are a lot more options with flatpacks and driver kits. It can be a fun project if like me most of the time you're sitting/standing at a desk working in front of a computer and want something totally different to do. If you're smart...
  9. bb8

That's where I'm at. I remember what earbuds/headphones were like in the 90's. For $100 for the Starfield (or even the blon bl03), it's just so above and beyond what we could get even a few years ago. Have to shake my head when people complain about the box artwork and stuff.
  10. bb8

I haven't listened to Etys in a few years. I remember them being really really flat and accurate, but they were too flat for me. In general I think the Moondrops are going to have a warmer, more Harman curve tilt in the low end. It kind of depends on what music you listen to as well. If you're a...
  11. bb8

Got the Blessing 2 Dusks in today. They are superb. The Starfields in comparison are very good though, and if I only had $100, I'd be really happy with them. I think they are both pretty accurate, but the slightly rolled off treble will actually help if you listen to pop music that is not...
  12. bb8

Schiit Asgard 3 Headphone Amp & DAC Review

Have you tried the A30 Pro? Just curious because it seems like it isn't out yet.
  13. bb8

I had a similar problem with my first return. To drive my Fostex TH-X00, I was at 3:00 in low gain. My Objective 2 in comparison is normally at 10:00 or 11:00 in low gain. I don't listen very loud, but didn't seem right. Second one seemed to have a lot more gain, but distortion in one channel...
  14. bb8

+1 for the Moondrop Starfields. I really enjoy their sound to the point where I have not been listening to my cans/speakers as much. They really put a lot of cans and iems to shame for the price. I've had Etymotics before, and they're great, but always found them to sound a little dry/boring...
  15. bb8

My first DIY speakers, HELP!

Would say build something small and cheap first. When you learn programming you start with a 'hello world' program that just prints some simple text. You can build a 2-way for really really cheap, especially if you snag some drivers on sale. There are some good books to guide you such as this...
  16. bb8

Yea got refunded after the second attempt.
  17. bb8

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

That is a good reminder.. maybe need to listen to the T1's less after looking at that chart :)
  18. bb8

Might have just had some bad luck, but after getting an old serial L30 of Amazon went for the Asgard and got 2 bad units. First one had a bad gain switch, second one had pretty bad distortion in one of the channels. The first one I got would occasionally work for a bit and it was a good amp with...
  19. bb8

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

I own the V1's, and I'm sure they share some of the same pitfalls but I wonder if they would measure a little better than V2 or V3. They were purchased quite a while ago and having listened to the HD800, I preferred the sound at the time. I built a Bottlehead Crack and paired with a little bit...
Top Bottom