Search results

1. fredstuhl

Do driver materials influence subjectively perceived sound textures if measurements are identical?

Also, i haven‘t noticed a positive correlation of expensive/ exotic cone materials with loudspeaker performance in Amir‘s tests. In fact, I wouldn‘t be surprised if there was actually a reverse correlation between fancy cone materials (and marketing that is centered on the use of such) and...
  2. fredstuhl

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

Amazing performance, clean design, good price, and … VU meters?! Is it Christmas again?
  3. fredstuhl

KEF LS50 +KC62 versus LS60

Yes, please give quantitative estimates of differences, such as the veil dropping about 12% more by model X compared to model Y. Don't forget to look into rhythmic bass response, overall musicality, speed, and authority.
  4. fredstuhl

KEF LS50 +KC62 versus LS60

Any takeaways from the comparison yet?
  5. fredstuhl

Guitar Pickups

I mean, but that‘s not necessarily a bad thing if you talk about instruments, isn‘t it? Haven‘t these objective technological shortcomings shaped the sound of whole music genres?
  6. fredstuhl

Guitar Pickups

Yeah, also gauge of the wire matters, the type/thickness of insulation, the tension of the windings, scattering, magnet types, position of the magnets in the pickups and so on - really anything that changes the current induction in some way. Cool topic. I can‘t contribute much on the scientific...
  7. fredstuhl

Add volume control between HDMI audio extractor and active speakers

Wait, for real?! Did not know that! I always wanted one of those cute analog volume things, but always thought I‘d need to put a laptop next to it.
  8. fredstuhl

Genelecs 8350, but i am not running them hooked up to a pc for music playback.
  9. fredstuhl

No display needed and I want it to be as affordable as possible, since I really only need the volume control function. Maximum price for another extra device would be around 300 Dollars... If it's more expensive, all the small parts and adapters would add up to the cost of an actual AVR, which...
  10. fredstuhl

Hi guys, I am looking for a convenient way to control volume in a very minimal multi-purpose stereo system: AppleTV/ PC/ Xbox... -> HDMI switch -> HDMI audio extractor -> powered speakers - The speakers have digital (AES/EBU) and analog audio inputs. They need to be connected to electronics...
  11. fredstuhl

Two Configs. How much do I need to spend?

Also, I‘d consider opting for a more affordable source, if this allows you to pick larger speakers -> The gains in low end extension between 8x30 and the larger 8x40 will likely be quite noticable.
  12. fredstuhl

Two Configs. How much do I need to spend?

For me personally, glm has made a huge difference. It fixed room modes quite well and I perceive the tight low fq response/ absence of bass boom after room correction as a major upgrade. Also, the ability to tune the fq response slope to taste is a nice plus. So if the price difference doesn‘t...
  13. fredstuhl

ATC SCM150ASL PRO or Genelec 1238A

And they should play even lower with room gain. @OP - are you after the look of 15inch woofers, or do you have a huge room? Because if not, you can most likely opt for well designed smaller ones without missing anything. Pocket the difference, or spend it on room correction/ multiple subwoofers...
  14. fredstuhl

Room correction is brilliant, even in treated rooms.
  15. fredstuhl

Yeah, if you worry about high end harshness, remember that this can easily be tweaked by EQ when you have well designed loudspeakers. Super easy to change the downward slope of the frequency response with GLM, I am sure it‘s the same for Neumann‘s system.
  16. fredstuhl

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

Something in-between would indeed be very attractive!
  17. fredstuhl

Electronics for Audiophiles: Voltage and Current (Video)

Very helpful, please more of this!
Top Bottom