Search results

1. maverickronin

Can you wear your IEMs while you eat?

Mine don't fall out. The chewing noises are too loud though. I keep turning up the volume to compensate and then that gets too loud. Then I hit pause and resign myself to eating in silence.
  2. maverickronin

Apple is forced to allow installation of 3rd party Apps (outside of their official store) in the EU

This. It's essentially the same business model as video game consoles. Maybe Europeans will get to sideload software on their Playstations and Xboxes next.
  3. maverickronin

Apple is forced to allow installation of 3rd party Apps (outside of their official store) in the EU

I was gifted an iPad for Christmas. I didn't need it. I though my mother might like it to replace her old and crusty Samsung tablet. She couldn't stand the thing and gave it back. I donated it to charity. I hope it actually helps someone else.
  4. maverickronin

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

35dB of useful range isn't that great. This amp's 3 gain settings (plus the gain differences between the balanced and SE outputs) would would help..except some clown put all the switches on the back to pinch pennies on their flagship model. :facepalm:
  5. maverickronin

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

You can't argue with more parts in a relay system being less reliable but it's still a very useful feature. Headphone sensitivities cover a range of near 50dB. If you want one setup which handles everything then you need something better than an average pot and a couple gain levels.
  6. maverickronin

The Laptop Thread

Anything is a DIY project if you're ambitious enough. Seriously though, the problem is that non-DIY solutions don't even exist to be purchased. I can fix a pothole on the street in from of my house by myself but that doesn't make it a "DIY" problem.
  7. maverickronin

The Laptop Thread

Slowly sliding into a cyberpunk dystopia where all commercial products with a network connection are spying on you isn't really a "DIY" issue.
  8. maverickronin

The Laptop Thread

By that standard I think like half the things I buy are DIY projects.
  9. maverickronin

The Laptop Thread

All that dropping hardware support in W11 is fake anyway. A few commands on in the install wizard and it runs just fine. Plus there's always W10 LTSC 2018/2019 which get security updates until the beginning of 2029.
  10. maverickronin

MT-ViKI MT-431AV 4 Way Switch Review

I have an 8 channel version of this that I use as a coax S/PDIF switch.
  11. maverickronin

Looking for Full Featured Android Music/Audio Book Player

Yeah, after thinking about it 2 separate apps would be best. I missed it before, but Neutron seems to be the first one I've seen with a compressor. Unfortunately the GUI is pretty marginal and it won't let me hide all the album art.
  12. maverickronin

No compressor and I can't stand either GUI.
  13. maverickronin

Yeah. I think I'm going to need to look into how much work it would be to update the Android port of Rockbox to work on new phones. I'm not a "real" programmer though, so I don't think it's going to go very well. I eventually did find the demo version. No compressor and I didn't like the...
  14. maverickronin

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Those look like giant suction cups... $DEITY knows what they would be used for. :facepalm:
  15. maverickronin

Aliexpress appreciation thread

AliExpress is great for for some kinds of things. Somehow I manage to go through 2.1 mm DC power connectors like water and I'm always ordering another 20 pack for $3 or something. Plus if you're up for a bit of a gamble there are all kinds of weird things on there you probably won't find on eBay.
  16. maverickronin

Let's stop calling Class D amplifiers "efficient" when they are not.

Either the support person is talking out of their ass or the inmates are running the asylum over at NAD...
  17. maverickronin

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

Probably anything with wireless. Definitely anything with built in streaming.
  18. maverickronin

The Case Against OLED

Like I said. Why would I want that? Screens are already painfully bright for indoor use. The eye has fairly limited instantaneous dynamic range. I don't want to have to squint and wait for my pupils to readjust every time there's a cut from night to day. It seems like another pointless...
  19. maverickronin

The Case Against OLED

Maybe it's just because I've been away from HT for so long now, but short of using the display outdoors in broad daylight, I fail to see the point in making screens even brighter. They've already been too bright for more than 15 years now. Pretty much every screen I own is set to 10%...
  20. maverickronin

Spotify to layoff 17%

It's actually just a question...
Top Bottom