Search results

1. walt99

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

Not sure how your amps are turned on/off but are the amps being turned on/off before your preamp or whatever the input is? I have mine controlled from the trigger input (3 of them) and have never heard any pops, I have had multiple processors controlling them and never an issue. I would suspect...
  2. walt99

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

Yep, what he said. End game system for me as I’ve committed to getting off the upgrade roller coaster. I feel the ahb2’s are the industrial version of McIntosh, quality and reliability backed by a company committed to its customers and made in the USA! Call them up and you talk to a real person...
  3. walt99

Which well-measuring speaker or monitor brands have the best customer service?

Had a failed tweeter (mechanical) on an M&K MP9, just one week from my first email to customer service I had a new unit in my hand in Texas, I was amazed.
  4. walt99

FS: Kaleidescape 48TB Server with Strato C player, $12,500

Upgrading to the 88, purchased May 2023 from Authorized Dealer, includes everything, original boxes etc. Both unit under warranty till 2028. Local sale welcome/preferred (DFW area). Will ship at cost. Will sell the 48TB server separately for $10,500 text: 972 746-5154, Walt
  5. walt99

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

No but that is an excellent point and will have to try that, having only had the Alt 16 for a few weeks I'm still trying to figure things out.
  6. walt99

My 2c, Salon doesn't need subs when playing 2 ch music. I do use subs when I changes to HT mode though, crossed at std 80hz and they also play LFE content.
  7. walt99

Crimp/solder on some good ring terminals, then the wires elegantly exit out the bottom. Ring terminals and speakon rule.
  8. walt99

FS: Lyngdorf MP-40, like new, 4 months old, SOLD

The TDAI series are 2 ch integrated amps, the MP series are HT processor/preamp that can also do great 2 channel.
  9. walt99

Subs stay off for 2 ch, but HT still benefits immensely from them.
  10. walt99

PM sent and adjusted price to match other sites I’ve posted this on. Price is firm at the new lower price of $6000 (shipping not included).
  11. walt99

Purchase direct or from vendor?

I purchased direct from KEF one time thinking I was doing them a favor, I asked for return RMA on day 32 so I could upgrade to a bigger more expensive model, , (Xmas gift), they told me to go pound sand, never again. In fact I won’t ever purchase another KEF product because of this.
  12. walt99

Having listened to both in my home made me realize just how good the 328 is, doesn’t dig quite as deep as the Salon but nevertheless is a worthy contender. The rule of diminishing returns is definitely evident here. (ps: I am selling my 328’s for $8500 if anyone is interested). I try to protect...
  13. walt99

Shipping is going to be a lot, probably around $1000-$1500. I recently snagged a new Mahogany pair for $15k free shipping.
  14. walt99

I actually love this unit as it works flawlessly and Room Perfect is so easy to use and sounds great. I’m going to try out an Trinnov Alt16 as my curiosity has gotten the best of me, plus I love to ‘tinker’. Unit was purchased/received in Feb from authorized dealer, still under warranty...
  15. walt99

FS: Revel F328be, Mint cond, 2 yrs old SOLD

Need to move these before the wife let’s me buy anymore toys, reduced to $8500 for quick sale!
  16. walt99

FS: Revel f328be, like new, black gloss, $8,500 DFW, TX

Like new, gently used, no kid/smoking environment. Bought new from AD approx 2 years ago. Includes all boxes, papers and the insane shipping containers Revel ships these in. Reduced to $8,500, local pick up only in the DFW, TX area
  17. walt99

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

Any thoughts on how this would perform with a pair of Salon 2? I’m currently using a pair of AHB2 in bridge mode, but honestly don’t think running in bridge mode is an ideal way to run an amp, and I like the idea of a single amp vs a pair.
Top Bottom