Search results

1. R

Magnepan LRS in the house!

Magnepan LRS in the house! I've been a Magnepan fan since day one. Recently I decided to trade up from my MMGs to the new LRS. I had someone hot and heavy to buy the MMGs so I let them go a few months ago and called Magnepan to order the new LRS. I was informed that in a couple months there...
  2. R

Battery Power for our Systems?

I've been thinking....Dangerous I know! On another forum a fellow was reporting that he was using a Portable Power Supply (A LiPo battery in a box with a Pure Sine Wave Inverter) to power his system. He suggested that it got him totally away from the "Grid" and all its noise and distortion. I've...
  3. R

My Path to PASS

I wrote a quick article on my web page on how I FINALLY got to own a PASS designed amplifier.....Hope you enjoy the read! http://rvbprecision.com/stereo/nelson-pass-first-watt-f5-turbo-v2.html
  4. R

Nelson Pass Articles....

Grab a cup of coffee....Find a comfortable chair.....Sit your a$$ down and enjoy these articles written by Nelson Pass......The man "Gets It"...https://www.passdiy.com/project/articles
  5. R

Before and After...PASS LAB FirstWatt F5 Turbo V2

I picked up this FirstWatt amplifier yesterday. Always wanted a Nelson Pass design Class A amplifier.....But couldn't afford his premium stuff. This showed up a few miles away at a reasonable price. But is it ugly! It needed cosmetic love.....A bit of paint, some new allen head screws and some...
  6. R

A bit of Streaming "Auditioning"

Last night I had some time and the inclination to audition various methods of listening to streaming music on my system. System components....Sound Artist SA200ia amplifier, Bluesound Node2i streamer/DAC Bluetooth Receiver, Gustard X16 DAC, KEF LS50 Meta speakers, HP Laptop with Realtek HDA...
  7. R

Another Great GUSTARD X16 DAC review

Seems all of us that bought a Gustard X16 DAC made a pretty good decision. I'm totally blown over by the improvement it made in my system I was using a Node2i with its inboard DAC or a Schiit Modi3+.....I thought it sounded great. But my curiosity got the best of me and I ordered a X16 through...
  8. R

XLR to RCA ????

Here's my situation.....Bluesound Node2i to Gustard X16 DAC to Sound Artist SA200ia integrated ampolifier Node 2i coax out to Gustard X16 X16 offers RCA and XLR output Sound Artist amp only has RCA input Is there any advantage to using a XLR to RCA cable from X16 to amp? Or just use short...
  9. R

GUSTARD X16 is in the house!

This darn site once again is costing me $$....! GUSTARD X16 DAC is in the house! Amazing....Ordered it from AMAZON on 11/14 @9PM. Was shipped from China and I received it this morning 11/19 in Massachusetts ! I was watching the tracking and it was in Alaska yesterday morning....I was told by...
  10. R

KEF 103.2 Tweeter Add On

KEF 103.2 Tweeter Upgrade....My 40 year old KEF 103.2 need a tweeter rebuild or a replacement. Tweeters for this series speakers had ferofluid in the voice coil gap that hardens over time and restricts the movement of the tweeter dome. They can be disassembled and rebuilt and refilled, but I...
  11. R

EASY DIY Speaker stands!

DIY Speaker stands for cheap.....HEAVY! I decided to build a couple very heavy speaker stands for my new KEF LS50 Metas...But they would work for any loudspeakers. Concrete base with sand filled column...Full DIY directions are here...www.rvbprecision.com
  12. R

Dealer Called..."Your KEF LS50 Metas are in!"

Just picked up my KEF LS50 Meta speakers... I have them connected to a Sound Artist SA-200ia integrated amplifier with a Node2i as a source playing Quobuz.......I’m dumbfounded! After just two hours of listening to many cuts that I know like the back of my hand, they are magnificent! The bass...
  13. R

KEF LS50 META!

"Hold my beer! I'm going in deep!".....Although my entire HiFi quest has been Low Price / Big bang for bucks equipment, and I've bought a number of pairs of speakers, all under $500 a pair (Second Hand and New).....I've decided to step up the game and ordered a pair of KEF LS50 Meta...
  14. R

Dynaco PAS..Comments please...

I'm looking for a tube preamplifier to go with my Dynaco clone VTA St120 amplifier. Currently using a Schiit Saga but it simple has no gain and does not play the ST120 to the levels I want. I'm looking at the vatious "Tubes4HiFi" preamplifiers and the other China preamps available...
  15. R

NAD 658 Competitors???

Is there any other components on the market that do all that the NAD 658 does? Streamer DIRAC Ethernet Wi-fi Bluetooth version Two-way aptX HD Inputs Optical, coaxial, USB, phono, RCA inputs Outputs Unbalanced and balanced RCA outputs Hi-res 32-bit/192kHz
  16. R

Like Christmas..T-Line Speakers and Topping DX7

It's like Christmas around here today.....My TOPPING DX7 Pro DAC/Amp arrived from APOS (by way of China) and I finished the construction of my transmission line speakers. I'll be posting more about the build and my opinion on the sound quality later....
  17. R

balanced output to unbalanced input??? Topping DX7PRO

I'm just about ready to click "submit Order" for a Topping DX7 PRO ($650)....It checks all the boxes I'm looking for in a lower cost preamp. Been driving myself nuts putting and deleting various DAC/Preamps into my shopping cart! Question,....... is there any advantage to using the balanced...
  18. R

Bluesound Node2i + Schiit Modi3+ = POP!

Seems the Schiit Modi3+ when used with the Bluesound Node2i will deliver a relatively loud pop when changing songs if the streaming bit/hz changes. This is too bad because the Node2i playing through a good outboard DAC sounds amazing. Have others used the Topping or other relatively inexpensive...
  19. R

Speakers VS Headphones......A Conundrum

I recently got back into HiFi after about a 20 year hiatus. I spent the better part of 45 years in the consumer electronics industry but about 20 years ago my hearing had gotten to the point where I wasn't able to appreciate better audio equipment. Recently, visiting a friend with a multi tens...
  20. R

This has got to be a joke...Right?

$599 for 3ml ! It must have gold dust in it.... https://www.highfidelitycables.com/Nanoparticle/NPS1260.php?utm_campaign=Saturday_Email_20210417&utm_content=newsletter_20210417_message_a&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zaius&zm64_id=cnZiMTAwQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0
Top Bottom