Search results

1. Merkurio

Practical (audible) implications between lower SINAD and heavy EQ with massive negative pre-gains

Hi there! It’s me and my long-ass titles again. I've had this question on my mind for a while, when I decided to use the Qudelix-5K not only as a BT dongle, but as a solution for all my needs (including desktop DAC) thanks to their DSP capabilities. As some may know, the SINAD of the...
  2. Merkurio

My Topping L30 II just "explode" being off, but connected to power (still works)

Just as the title says. I've had a Topping L30 II since a couple of months that I use sporadically connected to a Qudelix-5K on my desk and today I put my phone to charge in a wall outlet in the room (not where the Topping is connected), then after a couple of seconds, there was a very loud...
  3. Merkurio

[Parametric EQ] AutoEQ database with IEF neutral target presets

Hello there! For those familiar with PEQ and the AutoEQ project, I'd like to share another repository with presets to the neutral IEF target (with and without bass boost) instead of the Harman target. IEF neutral target is somewhat the ideal of @crinacle for, well, "neutral" response and their...
  4. Merkurio

Qudelix-5K to feed Topping L50 through 2.5 mm to dual 1/4 connectors?

It has been a while (nearly three years) since I sold my last open over-ears, I’m mostly an IEM guy but I pull the trigger yesterday with the HE400se at $109 on Amazon, my first Hifiman and the second full-sized planar I buy since the Audeze LCD2C. However, giving the fact that my IEMs don’t...
  5. Merkurio

Topping needs an urgent clean up and restructuration of their product line

With the recent announce of the DX5, which I like pretty much design-wise (except for the comic sans-esque typography of model names), I think many of us have raised our eyebrows about the launching of products with a similar feature set in such a short period of time, name the DX3 Pro+, EX5...
  6. Merkurio

Having been an "audiophile" for the last decade, wireless headphones are the best thing that happened to me since the beginning of the journey.

I'm talking about my AirPods Pro and Max, but could be extrapolated to every other set of nice wireless headphones/IEMs out there. The convenience provided with the comfort, features and sound quality as a whole package, makes me rethink many things about the end of my journey as an "hardcore"...
  7. Merkurio

In today's episode of "Tales of Snake Oil": Mexican audiophile boxes

Let me introduce you the latest breakthrough in mexican audio engineering... proudly handmade audiophile boxes filled with rare (or not so much) minerals! For non spanish speakers, make sure to put english subtitles to understand it better. :D They're selling them trough local FB groups and...
  8. Merkurio

New Xduoo XD-05 Plus

Seems like a solid return of a classic. AK4493EQ, 1000 mW at 32 ohms and XMOS XU208 with 5000 mAh battery. https://drop.com/buy/xduoo-xd-05-plus
  9. Merkurio

Differences between PRO/C2M/Q2M/K2M versions of ESS SABRE DACs?

Hi again! Looking at the ESS site (mostly as a newbie standpoint), I don't really get very clear the differences between the flagship "PRO" line of DACs and the mobile oriented versions with the different designations I wrote in the title (other than less power consumption). The physical size...
  10. Merkurio

Measurements' ranking list?

Hi there. Looking at the recent SMSL SU-8 review and measurements from @amirm and come to the SINAD chart: I reached to the conclusion that it would be great to have a ranking list of all the devices measured here, in the purest style of Head-Fi with headphones rankings from users (but in a...
Top Bottom