Search results

1. Merkurio

Koss KPH40 headphones vs. Sennheiser HD650

I've had and tried a large number of headphones over the years; my ears have experienced items from all price ranges, ranging from HD600/650, K701 or HE400se to HD800, Stax SR009 or Susvara, including Focal Clear, Audeze LCD2, Beyerdynamic DT1990, Koss ESP950, and virtually everything that has...
  2. Merkurio

Hifiman Ananda Stealth V2 Headphone Review

Very typical of Hifiman on the other hand, usually the "discount" is the price they should have been originally.
  3. Merkurio

I agree with what you say, what I was trying to express is that headphones already take those aspects into account to some extent (within their physical limitations) the moment they are adhering to a target like the Harman. That's why the premise of Fang Bian's "concert hall" seems quite poor...
  4. Merkurio

That was the starting point of the Harman target, precisely. Extrapolating the FR obtained from flat loudspeakers in ideal reverberant conditions to headphones (not in anechoic or diffuse field conditions, like other targets), with the necessary adjustments for the particularities of those...
  5. Merkurio

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Most people don't even have a notion of what neutral/flat sound is because of being exposed to a wild west of sound signatures and lack of standardization for years, similar to the early times of the same debate with loudspeakers. We know now that neutral/flat sound (within certain personal...
  6. Merkurio

If we're talking about an aproximate guideline that can meet the arbitrary condition of showing (or not) the existence of audible distortion in that region (~5 kHz) and at that level (94 dB) for that particular headphone unit, what's the point of being surprised by Amir's findings then? The way...
  7. Merkurio

I'm just saying that, contrary to what you were asserting, there is indeed information within Amir's measurement methodology that objectively demonstrates the existence of audible distortion at 94 dB in a region where our ears are quite sensitive to it (5 kHz). Amir's subjective impressions or...
  8. Merkurio

Actually, there is:
  9. Merkurio

Alternative to SoundSource

In hardware form, you have the Qudelix-T71.
  10. Merkurio

You have $1,500 or less to spend on cans to use all day, and a balanced Schiit stack, what the heck do you buy?

After hearing what the Hifiman HE400se ($89 on AliExpress) with fine EQ are capable of, I don't see myself ever spending a fortune on headphones again, and boy have I owned and tried a myriad of things from all price ranges. Also, the Magnius/Modius stack should move them perfectly (my DX7 Pro+...
  11. Merkurio

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

I just want to share my EQ preset with you guys, nothing complex or special, it's the same basis for the Harman target with the help of Oratory, but with some small adjustments in the high-end to add a little more air/spatial qualities and at the same time slightly reduce the presence around 6-7...
  12. Merkurio

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

Paradoxically, I bought a Focal Clear a couple of months ago with the possibility of being able to sell them to a friend at the same price they cost me (within the same week), so I took it as a way to try them for free and keep them if I liked them enough. I really liked the comfort of their...
  13. Merkurio

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

I really appreciate your response, it definitely clears up many doubts I had and gives me (and surely to several people here) a clear perspective of the future you aim to achieve. :) For now, I continue to be loyal to the measurements of the GRAS systems and their clone IEC derivatives...
  14. Merkurio

Oh, absolutely. I never ―or almost never― rely solely on the preset, whether it is from Oratory or generated with the AutoEQ tool on the Crinacle website (or the same frontend on Squig), I always use them as a starting point because I know that there is no absolute accuracy with the results of...
  15. Merkurio

I have no problem whatsoever with changing the standard of measurements to one that is more accurate and more in line with the purpose for which it was developed (a better representation of human hearing), after all that is the purpose of improving in all fields of knowledge and acoustics were...
  16. Merkurio

Doing a critique exercise, I think all of this it's a byproduct of the average reviewer mindset (and I'm not saying that as a personal attack on Resolve, or that it's inherently a bad thing), it's just their minds are constantly focused looking for new and cutting edge information about the...
  17. Merkurio

Well, this seems to be more detrimental than positive from a hobbyist perspective. We are starting to see even more clone measurement equipment based on GRAS pinnas and IEC711 318-4 couplers directly from Aliexpress, with an accuracy at least "comparable" to the original systems at some extent...
  18. Merkurio

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

Is the difference in bass quality (and quantity) between the HD6X0 line and the HD560s really that big? I ask because I've never tried the HD560s and now I'm curious, I generally lean towards dynamic drivers and Sennheiser is my de facto brand (although I don't like the inferior build quality...
  19. Merkurio

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

One thing that has been confusing me after watching @Dan Clark seminar on headphone measurements last year, is the part where he explains the threshold of audibility of the harmonics (even masking the fundamental), do you know from what level of THD this occurs and what is the frequency range...
Top Bottom