Search results

1. V

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Ain't this world funny?! A fake electronic guy named Amir who makes a living out of selling illegal Windows DVDs comes by for a visit and a quick criticism of opinions of a real electronic expert used to work for Microsoft also named Amir! Quyaanisqatsi! A world out of balance.
  2. V

No indeed. He studied electronics but just like vast majority of university graduates he is a bravado, all talking but no walking and knows nothing about his field of study and he doesn't even know enough English to know one would actually "study electronics at university" and "read" is not an...
  3. V

Sure he doesn't. I know him up close and personal and he knows me well. He is a new age upstart person making money out of selling illegal/null/cracked software in Iran local market and aims to multiply his wealth by selling HiEnd and hi-priced audio equipment as a Hi-End snake oil dealer in...
  4. V

Persian carpets: what type?

You'd appreciate not living in hellhole like Iran, if you will... it's like having a bomb in the size of King Kong ticking in your head and no amount of painkiller would disable it so, you have to look to buy more sand for your hourglass and no bozo in the universe is selling any... Just to say...
  5. V

DIY 3D Speaker Scanner - the Mathematics and Everything Else

David your endeavor is much appreciated by the community. Actually, a couple of months ago we designed and built a turntable with stepper motor mechanism with an enough tall tower for the speaker to time-window the early reflections in measurements. I have no idea about your idea for the...
  6. V

NEW PURIFI 8'' MWoofer [PTT8.0X04]

8C utilizes Wavecore 8.5 inch drivers as subwoofers and they are among the best I've seen in term of low distortion. http://www.wavecor.com/html/sw223bd02_03.html
  7. V

NEW PURIFI 8'' MWoofer [PTT8.0X04]

Finally! This can be a good candidate for an updated LX521 tough the surroundings still remeinsces me my late grandma's artificial teeth, but that's toleratable taking the performance into consideration :-)
  8. V

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

Pure speculation comes up when someone believes to know more than Klippel. Take the lead'n go ahead and start your own acoustic measurement company as a service to humanity. p.s: We're gonna need a good supply of popcorn bags
  9. V

Purifi vs Hypex vs ICEPower

I would suggest to go for Hypex nc1200. I yet have to hear NC2K but for now nc1200 is the amp for the money IMHO that sounds like real music.
  10. V

Automated polar measurements using ARTA

I've used ARTA for many years with a Behringer ECM8000. Maybe for seven years. Afterwards, I've been working with Clio and rarely used ARTA. But I've used REW for comparing graphs, exporting capabilities and merging responses and making filters now and then. When I started using ARTA/LIMP I...
  11. V

It's piece a cake! You only need an automatically controlled turntable with a stepper motor and an Arduino controller. You set the setting and click "Start" and voila! In a couple of minutes, your polar measurements are ready. You can set the increments in whatever degrees desired for 90, 180 or...
  12. V

Speakers that produce astonishing soundstaging/imaging?

Taking the price into account, nothing comes close to Linkwitz LXmini.
  13. V

Why don't you use REW instead of ARTA for automatic polar measurement? It's much nicer than ARTA and has no demo restriction, is far more user-friendly and has more graphical capabilities and a handful of other tools like Trace Arithmetic, Alignment tools, etcetera which ARTA doesn't offer.
  14. V

Hypex NC1200: Quality of the implementations

https://www.apollonaudio.com/hypex-nc2k-monoblock-amplifier-apollon-audio-nc2kslm/
  15. V

Hypex NC1200: Quality of the implementations

Hypex NC2K would do the job flawlessly: https://www.hypex.nl/product/nc2k-oem/79
  16. V

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

10K for a shoes box size speaker? Thanks, but no thanks!
  17. V

Show us your vintage cassettes!

I'm pretty sure the only one that probably would recognize these old cassettes is Amir Mohammad-Reza Shajariyan is among the most famous Iranian traditional/classical music in entire history.
  18. V

Sigberg Audio Manta (12" wideband cardioid active speakers) development thread

If you want a true passive cardioid speaker using resistive ports, I can do the R&D job and come up with design details. Up to 16-17dB of cancelation is obtainable in ~100hz-600hz @ 180 degrees. Good luck with the production BTW :-)
  19. V

Snake Oil Department, Top This

I think I'm in a language barrier here. Can anyone native English speaker take a glance at this article and tell me if I'm getting it right and the author is mocking the 7n high purity snake oil with a sense of humor, or he is actually admiring the BS...
  20. V

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Is there any way to use Okto DAC8 Pro as active crossover for a 3-4ways loudspeaker?
Top Bottom