Search results

1. vicenzo_del_paris

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amplifier Review (2nd)

Yep! While speakon are better, my point was that for most of people, it is not common to be a mandatory criteria for choosing an amp in non pro/pa world.
  2. vicenzo_del_paris

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amplifier Review (2nd)

Plenty: Boxem, Nord, Apollon,.... But do you really need it??
  3. vicenzo_del_paris

What is the point of CD rips?

In case of entire internet shutdown, when thinking about potential causes, I think personal CD collections would be the least of our worries ;)
  4. vicenzo_del_paris

[FS] [EU] [France] [PAUSED] Boxem Arthur 3409/N2 (Hypex NC252MP)

Hi, sorry for late response. I had to pause selling my Arthur 3409/N2 for few weeks as I finally went for a 3 channels Boxem A 5519/N3 that I shall receive by mid April. I will reactivate this thread once new power amp received.
  5. vicenzo_del_paris

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

For me, (located in France) it is 25 cents/kWh (generation, distribution and all taxes included).
  6. vicenzo_del_paris

Can you hear a difference between audio cables? ABX test

Thus, I think I will be nice to rename the thread to have single ended / balanced information within it. It will attract different people and less trolls.
  7. vicenzo_del_paris

Yep, so even more less related to the cable wires themselves. With current title, I am afraid that this thread will turn into, like some other ones, a chaotic endless sterile fight with cable believers.
  8. vicenzo_del_paris

So, from my understanding, the thread title can be misleading, as despite being 2 different cables, measured differences are rather related to balanced / unbalanced topologies. Am I correct ?
  9. vicenzo_del_paris

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I confirm it does. And as I didn't want that, I had to configure my other CEC enabled devices to not power on/off my Flex HT.
  10. vicenzo_del_paris

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

The only reasonable, proven and tangible fact from his statement is: Sorry, I couldn't resist doing it ;)
  11. vicenzo_del_paris

[FS] [EU] [France] [PAUSED] Boxem Arthur 3409/N2 (Hypex NC252MP)

Boxem Arthur 3409/N2 for sale : 450€. Excellent condition and functioning as day 1. Bought in October 2021 from Boxem for 860€. Based on hypex NC252MP module and XLR inputs. While cheaper hypex based amp are available new, Boxem amplifiers are indeed a bit more expensive. But: - better...
  12. vicenzo_del_paris

boXem A series

A Boxem "A" 5517/N2 (ncx500) just replaced an Boxem Arthur 3409/N2 (nc252mp) ! Kept sourcing with Fred as I value the care he puts his designs (thermal management, electric safety) and his value proposition (casing, auto sense) DHL was very fast. Fred sent yesterday afternoon and I received it...
  13. vicenzo_del_paris

Hypex Ncore NC252MP market overview

Boxem stopped his Arthur models based on ncore MPxxx modules. His current Arthur models are purify based. The new "A" lineup is based on hypex NCX500 modules.
  14. vicenzo_del_paris

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

In this case, that is exactly what I was looking for :) I needed a small monoblock for a central channel and had to get the ZA3 in January. This would happily replace the ZA3 !
  15. vicenzo_del_paris

Do you refer to yourself as an 'audiophile'?

I am afraid we will disagree on that point :) Unless the word "disagree" meaning had evolve in "modern" usages ;) Words meaning / definition haven't evolve. What have evolve are stereotypes and judgements. And again, stereotypes are not universal. The audiophile stereotype for given...
  16. vicenzo_del_paris

I get what you mean but still this kind of reasoning seems very weird to me. Following this reasoning, shall I lie or hide the fact I eat meat in front of vegetarians ? Just because they will judge me as a bad person or an has-been or whatever else? NO! Defining yourself through the perception...
  17. vicenzo_del_paris

This discussion will lead nowhere unless we stick to the definition/meaning of this term instead of each for us providing its own definition/understanding/adaptation of it :) From a pure semantic standpoint, I agree with @MattHooper . Most of us here are indeed audiophiles wherever you like it...
  18. vicenzo_del_paris

MiniDSP SHD vs Flex HTx

The only thing I got tricked with is the eArc requirement. My media box unfortunately does not support earc. I had to get a FeinTech VAX04101A to route video stream to the TV and the earc audio to the Flex. It was way cheaper than a HD fury, very small form factor (hidden behind other devices)...
  19. vicenzo_del_paris

MiniDSP SHD vs Flex HTx

My (french) internet provider provides me 2 boxes : server box ( internet / router / nas / home automation and alarm) and media box (TV and apps). The media box can either send bitstream or can do local bitstream decoding (including Atmos) and then send lpcm. That is the reason why I got...
Top Bottom