Search results

1. Loathecliff

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

Retired car dealer here being curious. Survey:- Of the two above, you have owned One Both Neither. Thanks for taking part.
  2. Loathecliff

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

Messiaen's Turangalîla Symphony. It annoys me with its silly mannerisms. A fearful waste of time.
  3. Loathecliff

I *think* my Topping DAC is failing - any suggestions?

Ever since their online 'rep'/promotor here (John was it?) went silent over that perfect 'balanced flue' amp that was initially numero uno, I decided to avoid Topping products. I sent the guy the politest of emails. That was ignored too. The final straw. How not to do business in the west.
  4. Loathecliff

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Missed by a country mile. "Expect the unexpected", a wise entity once said.
  5. Loathecliff

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

£49?!! - I'm being offered it at £79 as a Prime member. What am I doing wrong?
  6. Loathecliff

Best way to upgrade my 2nd hand Linn system

I'd take advantage of the lingering BS that Ivor the mouthy (magazine assisted) machinist was a god and sell off anything with a Binn badge and start from scratch. See Amir's in-depth reviews of (cheap) amps and DACs, then take BD Woody's room measuring route.
  7. Loathecliff

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

Ahh Weiss Gold, my favourite German lunchtime beer. Such fond memories.
  8. Loathecliff

Suggestions for Throw-away Low Impedance IEMs

If I may muscle into an old, but on topic thread. With the TIMKOO C360 NLA, what is/are the current favourite bargain iem flavours? (UK availability preferred).
  9. Loathecliff

A Call For Humor!

(I was 8 at the time) Wife:- "Darling, I was expecting so much more, but you've spent so much on the equipment that you could only afford one LP, & now you want go stereophonic which was launched the day after you took delivery of this! - Doesn't a carpet instead of linoleum come first?"
  10. Loathecliff

Are there any class D amps like tpa3255 or better that can run directly from 48v to 60v DC solar house battery?

I've been off-grid for twenty years, & I tried direct DC a long time ago. Great in theory but it's not a quiet world across those battery terminals. The pulsing of the solar controller alone coming through the speakers was enough for me. Edit:- I also thought one isolated battery was the way...
  11. Loathecliff

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

ALSA with Audacious (or DeadBeef) would seem a purer, less 'cluttered' route ?
  12. Loathecliff

Can't we all just get along?

Hail "Dark Leader" :cool: & a video vision appeared before me of ASR members sequentially, intuitively, (& very casually) posting the devastating truth, and Danny slaving 24/7 deleting until, one day, without cosmic significance.....phut.
  13. Loathecliff

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

& who would disagree with you :)
  14. Loathecliff

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

& shipping aside, it is an all-time bargain. I noticed one post on the review of their latest product that read (to my tired, suspicious mind) like one of those iffy Amazon 'reviews'. So now I am wondering who joined ASR close to when the PA5 issue first flagged up. Isn't 'Damage limitation'...
  15. Loathecliff

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

He had the temerity to post on Tuesday, for his usual reason https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sabaj-a10d-2022-version-review-dac-amp.34918/post-1217552
  16. Loathecliff

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

Amir, I'm betting you mean "can't" :)
  17. Loathecliff

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

Unfortunately they are Topping products. An outfit at the top of my Avoid list, and likely to remain so unless it can demonstrate an understanding of integrity.
  18. Loathecliff

Chinese vs German engineering

:oops:Just checking time zones before making a social (ie non-political) judgement:p
  19. Loathecliff

Chinese vs German engineering

Oh boy. That never happens anywhere else now does it Amalfi Man, so called governments are just low level admin for the string pullers. (mods, this is me attempting to steer the OP away from politics). Best assume that the history of the last (quite a few) centuries is complete balderdash...
  20. Loathecliff

Warning When You Quote an Old Reply?

One dares to suggest applying the first rule of admin:- Do nothing, immediately. (the alleged problem might go away on its own)
Top Bottom