Search results

1. D

Master Thread: “Objectivism versus Subjectivism” debate and is there a middle ground?

Surely you understand I mean adding beyond the level of necessary nutrition. Gee, I really though no one read this part of the forum and I could just vent in private!
  2. D

Master Thread: “Objectivism versus Subjectivism” debate and is there a middle ground?

The confusion about objective and subjective is that the users of this site think that a repeatable measurement = objective. If you are not weighing for human hearing then you are ranking for computers. Is that objective?
  3. D

I think we know most of us are overweight on this site and few of us put the amount of thought into food that we put into gear. I don't. I just don't claim to be a f'in SCIENTIST.
  4. D

This site's popularity started with Amir attacking Schiit Audio, one of the only audio companies that didn't raise prices during the Great Inflation and all others did, significantly, about a $149 dac in the days when very few dacs were even available at that price. And now you still attack them...
  5. D

BIC FH6-LCR Center Speaker Review

No, it isn't. Things that are soaked with water, are wet.
  6. D

I was asking, not assuming, though I assume some of my examples hold true for a large segment of most large populations such as this forum. If you add salt or sugar to your food, you are not eating "scientifically" you are damaging your body. This is not the purpose of eating. Eating is not...
  7. D

What headphone(s) do you own ?

What's confusing? He's saying Utopia is a better headphone, but he likes how music sounds better through the Atrium. And he explains some examples of why. If you don't understand his very simple explanations, I suggest better nutrition. Perhaps you should apply science to what you eat, instead...
  8. D

Why is it you "scientists" and "objective" humans think that is important to measure and only measure with audio, but with, say, food, you will rely on subjective measures like taste, instead of objective nutrition? Or buying a house. Most people buy houses in very large part on subjective...
  9. D

Considering “upgrading” to Dan Clark headphones. Need advice.

I would recommend something like the Schiit Magnius ($230, balanced version of the Magni Heretic with op amps) or an equivalent from Topping etc. for any DCA headphone. Don't get me wrong, I have a Schiit Magni I listen to regularly with my Grado headphones, but with my DCA it doesn't have...
  10. D

More expensive does not necessarily mean a corresponding increase in sound. This will be especially true in a family of planars like Audeze or DCA although obviously there are exceptions, DCA can be eq'd as Rob points out. I think the money is better spent somewhere else. Focal maybe? ZMF for...
  11. D

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

No. They will not compensate you for your headphones. "In no event shall Schiit Audio be liable for consequential or incidental damages resulting from the breach of any implied or expressed warranties. Some states do not allow...."
  12. D

Topping E30 vs Schiit Modi+ sound

All dacs sound the same IF they measure sinad below the transparency number. Otherwise you could hear various distortions that could change the tone of the music very easily. OP is clear he is not judging the sound, simply noticing that they do not sound identical to his ears. I suspect in...
  13. D

I don't know if the DCA Aeon closed and the Stealth are different enough to justify that kind of cash, unless it's pull the money out of your wallet kinda cash. I suspect the difference between Aeon 2 Noir and Aeon OS closed is most of the way to Stealth ... and he won't have to save thousands!
  14. D

Earphones cause more hearing damage than headphones or speakers?

So you don't think that sealing the ear canal and pumping it with decibels in a vacuum is more dangerous than over ear headphones at the same decibel level?
  15. D

Saving up for a $4000 headphone minus fifteen percent strikes me as poor financial management. Doesn't Amir point to science that states the human being self corrects for variations in frequency response? In other words, after a few minutes, everything sounds pretty much the same.
  16. D

Matrix Element X2 Streamer Review

I still think anything above provably transparent ought to be ranked exactly the same, since anything provably transparent sounds exactly the same whether it's -117 or -117,000 db sinad and therefore is identical so far as it's use as a dac is concerned.
  17. D

Considering “upgrading” to Dan Clark headphones. Need advice.

I sold my RT but I recommend balanced, at least the Schiit Magnius or equivalent from Topping or whoever, others might be more, Schiit is $200 I think.
  18. D

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

Wireless earbuds are very cheap these days and come with a container that gives them over 24 hour life, and is easy to charge. I bought the TruthEar Zero because of your review and I love how it sounds, especially the euphonic subwoofer!, after awhile I find it too large for my ear canal. I...
Top Bottom