Search results

1. S

EQ by eye from FR graph?

How might one go about designing a basic Harman EQ for this headphone with only a FR graph to go on? The Audio Technica ATH-ES10 is old enough that there are no other useful measurements I can find! This was on some random Russian website...
  2. S

Less position/seal-dependent closed-back for office use,

I'm looking for a portable closed-back to use in the office, fed by mobile phone or laptop and EQ'd to Harman target. I have been using IEMs, but frequently having to take them out to talk to people is faff so an over-ear headphone would be more convenient. I have the K371 which sounds great...
  3. S

Higher-end closed-back

I'm getting the itch to try a higher-end, closed-back headphone. Maybe something planar. Open-back would be an option but I feel I need some isolation. I currently have a HD650, HD560s, K371 and Denon D7000. These are used at my PC with Atom amp/dac + Equalizer APO. I use Genelec 8030 + subs +...
  4. S

Budget subwoofer < £200

I have a pair of iLoud Micro Monitors at work that I am considered pairing with a sub. Is there anything better than the PreSonus Sub8 in this price range that is also compact? It's £158 on Amazon UK. I've also seen the Fostex SUBmini2 for around £140, but that doesn't have a HPF on the...
  5. S

Fixing below 500Hz

I posted this in the measurements sharing thread, however, I was looking for some specific advice on if it's possible to improve my FR below ~400Hz in my living room. Ideally, as cheaply as possible (I do lust after D&D 8c or Genelec Ones) and without too much room treatment since I don't have...
  6. S

Genelec nearfield options

I'm dreaming/fantisising about changing my computer setup at some point (need to save up) and wondered what people thought about the following Genelec options for nearfield music listening. Listening distance would be ~1m and I can use REW to correct things where necessary rather than GLM...
  7. S

Upgrading to Atom stack

For my desktop setup I'm currently using a Xonar Essence STX v1 > analog out > Audio-GD FUN > HD650/D7000 + Equalizer APO. Would spending £260 (best UK price) to replace this arrangement an Atom stack be worth it? I understand the Xonar DAC and Audio-GD amp probably aren't objectively good, but...
Top Bottom