Search results

1. J

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

I asked this in the Schiit Midgard thread, but does anyone know how well these headphones would match with the Midgard? I may be misunderstanding the Midgard review but would the low impedance of these cause troubles for the Midgard?
  2. J

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Anyone have any thoughts (even better if based upon actual use) as to how well this amp would match up with the DCA ÆON RT? I may be misunderstanding the Midgard review but would the low impedance of the ÆON RT cause troubles for the Midgard?
  3. J

Topping Reliability

Considering a new HP amp and dac and I like a lot of what I've reading about the Toppings (specifically the A70/D70). I've been looking at Schitt products as well though I dislike some design choices (power switch in the back) and prefer the look (as I don't expect there to be an observable...
  4. J

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I'll confess, the science of some of this stuff confuses me. That said, is there a reason the Jot2 shouldn't be used with low ohm headphones, as seems to be stated elsewhere in this thread?
  5. J

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

Everything is subjective but new: or Classic: or Death metal runs the gamut from fast to slow, basic to technical. It has a lot to offer if my opinion. If the band has a dumb name of multiple words (I Wrestled A Bear Once, for example) it's deathcore.
  6. J

You're welcome. I've always been a huge fan of death metal. It started as heavier thrash and has really twisted and changed over the years. There is a lot of variety within an admittedly limited genre. As for Deathcore, it has the worst covers. I've never seen a genre that makes it so easy for...
  7. J

There are degrees to how poor it is supposed to sound. It is a weird aesthetic to have in which you want your new music to sound as poor as the recording from your youth. That said, i like a lot of it and I avoid the albums that sound like "Nattens Madrigal."
  8. J

I make an exception for grindcore.
  9. J

Metalcore covers a wide range. I like quite a few of the metalcore/math type bands from back in the day: Dillinger Escape Plan, Drowningman, Botch, Shai Hulud, Converge, Cave In, Bloodlet and Candiria for example. I don't care for the hardcore bands that feel like water-downed death metal like...
  10. J

I'm a huge fan of just about every genre of metal but deathcore is just terrible.
  11. J

Review and Measurements of Amazon Link Amp

Any owner of the Link Amp use it as an endpoint (zone) with JRiver?
  12. J

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Interesting thread. I'm looking for a simple use case: My preamp has two xlr out and no dedicated sub out. I want to send a signal to a sub with an xlr input, that I have yet to purchase, and have a 2.1 system with the Flex handling room correction/eq. My question: will the Flex do this (trs...
  13. J

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Something like this without the volume control would be tempting.
  14. J

Subwoofer Integration Question

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure the DSPeaker does anything different than what I'm currently doing through JRiver (though it would work with my analog inputs). It would be more intriguing if it had an additional output for the sub. As for SVS, I had contacted them about the 4000 model...
  15. J

Subwoofer Integration Question

My system is currently a 2 channel pre-amp to amp connected via XLR (done to remove a previous hum through rca). My primary listening source is JRiver which I also use for room correction. I want to add a subwoofer and, to avoid possibility of the hum, have that connected via XLR as well. This...
  16. J

Are dual subwoofers necessary for stereo music?

Presently, I'm using a Simaudio Moon 350P. I had considered a move to something like a MiniSHD which might change my sub requirements regarding ins/outs. But it works perfectly and I see no reason to replace it. SB. I've been led to believe that sealed is the way to go for a sub used primarily...
  17. J

Appreciate all the responses. The downside with the Hsu is that it only has xlr inputs but no outputs. My preamp only has one set of xlr outs and, absent replacing it, I would want to be able to go pre-sub-amp, particularly with a sub that has dsp.
  18. J

The title is the question. I presently have a pair of Revel 208s in a 11'x23' room. Amp to preamp is via balanced connection. I mention this because subs with xlr inputs tend to cost more than their unbalanced versions. I was looking at the SVS 4000 as it checks two boxes: xlr in/out and built...
  19. J

What electronic audio products you want tested most

iFi Audio Phono Zen: it intrigues as it is low cost and has a balanced output.
  20. J

Need small desktop amplifier to pair with Topping DX7 and Monitor Audio Silver 8s

Oddly, a case somewhere between the two would look best to me. That said, I still don't like the font on the Iom but I prefer it to the look of the VTV.
Top Bottom