Search results

1. Semla

Say "Hello!" to boXem | audio Arthur series, Hypex and Purifi based power amplifiers

... except for the ultimate all boxem orange box :)
  2. Semla

What are we listening to right now..

Björk - Hollow
  3. Semla

ASR Review & Measurement Dashboards 2.0

Much, much bigger credit is due to you, @Racheski and the rest of the ASR data team. And to our host, whose measurement hobby seems to have gotten a bit out of hand :)
  4. Semla

ASR Review & Measurement Dashboards 2.0

He passed that milestone somewhere in July - data entry is lagging a bit behind.
  5. Semla

Is the AHB2 suitable for my setup?

@boXem | audio is one of the manufacturers that sell bridgeable Purifis: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-purifi-1et400a-amplifier.7984/post-839185
  6. Semla

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Lavender Fields
  7. Semla

Topping DX3 Pro+

@JohnYang1997 did Topping send one to @amirm?
  8. Semla

Topping DX3 Pro+

I haven't seen this one discussed here: Topping DX3 Pro+. It seems to be a successor to the dx3 pro with an ESS chip and a cut above the EX5 (not balanced though). ESS ES9038Q2M 3.5mm, RCA, bluetooth out USB, toslink, coax, bluetooth in External power supply Specs and measurements at...
  9. Semla

RIP Richard H. Kirk (Cabaret Voltaire)

Really sad to hear https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/sep/21/richard-h-kirk-was-prolific-hungry-angry-and-funky-to-the-end
  10. Semla

Laibach - Opus Dei
  11. Semla

Liaisons Dangereuses - Los Niños del Parque
  12. Semla

Sisters of Mercy - Temple of Love
  13. Semla

Topping DACs: feature comparison

I'm toying with the idea of creating something like this for the "forum darlings". Specify a headphone, get a list of dac/amp combinations that can drive them at a specified price point and feature set.
  14. Semla

Topping DACs: feature comparison

Reading the E50 review made me curious about the many DACs Topping is currently offering, but I couldn't find a good comparison table. There is the review index which lists DACs by SINAD but the differences are unlikely to be audible. So I made a table comparing some of the features and price to...
  15. Semla

$575,000 (Spare Arm Tube Included)

They claim to have sold 20 or so already.
  16. Semla

Hypex NCore - Yea or Nay?

No hum whatsoever from my BoXem nCore. March, Audiophonics, Buckeye, Vera and some Apollon have trigger inputs, they're optional with Nord and VTV. Boxem has automatic on/off based on input detection. Rouge doesn't have trigger inputs AFAIK. Another option would be to buy a brand like NAD or...
  17. Semla

Cranes - Watersong
  18. Semla

Emulating Glasses for Headphone Measurements

Brüel &Kjaer's homepage today - do they read this forum?
  19. Semla

Four Speaker Blind Listening Test Results (Kef, JBL, Revel, OSD)

There is much more to independence and multilevel models than longitudinal data, for example data obtained from families, clusters, etc. Sometimes people talk about "technical replication" or "pseudoreplication" in this context. This, and how to distinguish between random and fixed effects is...
Top Bottom