Search results

1. M

My impressions of the Vivid Audio Kaya 90 (no measurements)

Because NOTHING is perfect at any price. Thats why. Expecting PERFECTION is unreasonable. There are a lot of whiny little B*****s on this site with a lot of half-baked assumption about how things should be. Meanwhile it would be a complete shock to find a single one of them who have the $$$ to...
  2. M

Anthem AVM70 Review (AV Processor)

Licensing licensing licensing $$$ I suspect Dirac is more expensive. What would be really cool would be to have Trinnov instead and sell the Sound United product for 1/3 the price of a Trinnov proc
  3. M

Yeah the Denon has better numbers in the DAC section but for me in real use it didn't matter. I only used the on board DACs for surround and my source configuration delivers a good tightly clocked audio only signal. Further I beleive whatever nth degree of perfection is beyond my ability to...
  4. M

Bet 8806 is at least 2years out/ The Marantz is not that far behind and you have to settle for the Denon on board power section. Not bad for what it is but cannot compare with good outboard amps.
  5. M

Sorry guys I foo bar'd the reply. Well Newman don't be paralyzed waiting on the next upgrade. If you do you'll never own anything and therefore never enjoy any music. Everything is on the verge of missing out on the next great thing. There is a lot of movement in the technology market. This...
  6. M

Find a Marantz AV8805a at a discount. There are online sellers that advertise “open box” and really that is the price they will give to you if you just ask. PM me I could offer a suggestion. The AV8805a so much more substantial than the AVM 70. Really no joke the big Marantz is so beefy it...
  7. M

I have owned the AVM70 and can say I just don't see what all the hype is about. BTW that was a second Anthem try after an unsatisfactory Anthem processor try in the early 2000s. There are Anthem fan boys out there claiming Anthem products defy the laws of physics. The 70 does not (yet )...
  8. M

Do not trust Anthem about anything. I got one of the first AVM70 released. I made my buying decision based on the strength of their claim that the unit would soon be Roon Ready certified. So ordered unit 11/2020 with delivery in May 2021. So from October 20 until now they have never delivered on...
  9. M

My impressions of the Vivid Audio Kaya 90 (no measurements)

Yes some string and a couple of tin cans would be much better
  10. M

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

AVS forums has started a thread, looks like the 58 is just a 55 with the new HDMI 2.1 board....so...look here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-sdp-55-audio-video-processor-review.15820/
  11. M

Trinnov Altitude 16 but I replaced the AVM70 with a Marantz AV8805A for just a few $$ more. The Marantz is (well) built like a tank and did everything I asked of it (limitted onboard processing). It had balanced ins and supports Tidal (Atmos) also was reasonably quiet as a switching device for...
  12. M

Don't get me started on Anthem. :mad: I have sort of come to the point that buying the lowest price/performance AV proc and moving as much offboard as possible works best for me. One of the best combos I've experienced recently was a Marantz AV7705 proc with a Lumen D2 for 2 channel streaming...
  13. M

I was an ealy adopter with one of the first out of the shute...buggy. No updates other than the very first. SOP was having to hard reboot with power disconect to free up some system freezes. Also If you are shooping this to support Roon...forget about it. Anthem is toatlly misrepresenting...
  14. M

So glad to see the qualification "For an AV product". Good to see analysis for characteristics beyond DAC section. No, the Anthem is more expensive relative to competitors with balanced out. the AVM70 ($3800) compares most closely to Marantz AV7706 ($3000) in feature set. The Anthem supports...
  15. M

Thanks so much for the mentorship. I am not a systems calibrator or engineer however my career is in technology. I can speak technical but the science around this is not in my wheelhouse. I've been looking over the graphs and researching the whys and wherefores but still early on the learning...
  16. M

Does Mitches book have a name? I never expect an AV processor to do anything well other than function as a pre-amp/switching hub to analogue sources and occasionally decode surround formats for movies, and more and more surround audio only. That means I’m not looking for great DAC performance...
  17. M

Well, Maybe the AVM 90 will be better than my AVM70. I bought the 70 because my dealer assured me that it would be "Roon Ready" after just a while. It never certified. for that. I would be surprised if the 90 ever will be either. If you have an outboard Roon target you could get what you're...
  18. M

BTW I mispoke in that prious post. I didn't do my math correctly. I will be using 2 x E30s iinstead of 1. Well yes you may be missing something. We were talking about Trinnov Altitude-16's new +4 feature. Trinnov has an intersing method of adding additional channel outputs. I couldn't tell if...
  19. M

I'm thinking of trading in my dental implants, I wonder if they'd take them back. :)
  20. M

So how do you like you Nord multi? I have ATI 543 and 528 and need another 4 channels.
Top Bottom