Search results

1. Dunring

Which flagship headphone has fantastic soundstage/imaging und bass?

This is a contradiction you mention. Headphones like the Sennheiser HD800s have a wide and deep soundstage effect because of the open back design. Headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 ohm for example, extend the bass down and since they're closed back you get great deep bass in music that...
  2. Dunring

can you tell me trusty online seller with "returned product/return items" ?

It's time to go upstream. Check your Amazon listings locally and see which resellers are selling to your area. Then contact them and ask to do a bulk purchase of the items they sell for returned items. To get their attention and get a price without the Amazon commission they are paying now I'd...
  3. Dunring

Using Apple dongle as TV DAC?

It would take trying it if you don't have confirmation it'll work. I've got that adapter and USB ports on a TV usually won't recognize it. A lot more common to use RCA out or optical to a DAC with RCA plugs on it. A budget DAC like that are really inexpensive. If the Apple USB doesn't show in...
  4. Dunring

Looking for Warm Headphones with a Certain Sound Signature

Neutral ones like the Sennheiser hd600 or Hifiman he5xx which I use daily would be good ones for what you want. The Beyerdynamic DT700 Pro X is warmer too, more like the DT1770 with B pads but much easier to power like the DT17XX.
  5. Dunring

Opinion on Topping SMSL

I buy $5,000 to $6,000 a month in audio equipment, including probably every Topping and SMSL amp and DAC. The failure rate isn't any better overall on one or the other that I've bought. The key isn't which brand, but how and where you buy it. For the most protection, get it new from Apos...
  6. Dunring

PC speaker and Subwoofer advice

The Soundblaster X Katana is a ridiculous $89 from the factory B-Stock with 90 day warranty. It comes with a sound bar and subwoofer and plugs in with USB. https://us.creative.com/p/refurbished/sound-blasterx-katana-b-stock It'll be a big upgrade from 20 year old desktop budget speakers, and...
  7. Dunring

Warm, Dark and Bass heavy IEMs for Metal and Rock? (budget: max 50-70€/$)

I'd pass on the Hola, that won't do what your after. The Artti T10 has the great bass slam, but takes at least the Apple 3.5mm USB adapter, and the U.S. version, not the less powerful European one. You can equalize the Zero Red for more bass or the Chu II can take a treble reduction to smooth...
  8. Dunring

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

All used condition, but these Amazon sellers offer the 1 year warranty on used stuff, same one as new products. Topping MX3s used $99 https://www.amazon.com/Topping-MX3s-Headphone-Amplifier-Subwoofer/dp/B0BYDMB4HK/ SMSL HO200 used $188...
  9. Dunring

looking for DAC recommendation for iPad music

The best value is on a Amazon for the SMSL C200 for $125 used with 1 year warranty. I've got one and it sounds terrific. The other would be the SMSL DL200 and have one also. More power on the headphone jack, but larger footprint for $150 if they still have used ones.
  10. Dunring

DAC Pairing for Moondrop Aria and Tygr 300

The Soundblaster X1 would be best since it outputs 2.4 volts if it detects over 120ohm. I have a Tanchjin Space and the single end for they Beyerdynamic won't be that great, the 4.4mm is where the power is best for headphones. Also it comes with a Creative app so should run on a custom ROM, but...
  11. Dunring

SMSL DO100, Unit to unit variation?

Test your USB ports with this if you have Android. It's an EMF detector and will tell how much is going on moving the phone near each one. I only use the Samsung ETA0U60JBE chargers for DACs that can use it, measures as clean as the Apple chargers. I was surprised on our systems how much more...
  12. Dunring

Endgame headphones amp

6480mW @ 32Ω will do the job, no worry about that. Just a couple of hours ago I got a Topping A70 Pro from DHL which is rare for a Sunday delivery. Got it on the Aliexpress sale for $352 after coupons, points, and cashback. Warranty is doubled with the credit card so I think I'll keep this as a...
  13. Dunring

Endgame headphones amp

I really like my SMSL SP400 as long as you have a 5 volt DAC. The original Topping A90 is another favorite. I have the discrete version also and don't like it as much. I think Topping went too high tech with amps and made them too complex. I've had the A70Pro a couple of times and would...
  14. Dunring

Updated deals, I'm all shopped out and taking a week off, there's some new stuff not on sale at Aliexpress I came across. Hifiman He6se $470 Hifiman refurbished with warranty (12 months or like them on Facebook to extend it to 18 months) $509 and coupon code 39OFFRB $39 off refurbished for...
  15. Dunring

Apple usb c to 3.5 giving loud white noise, help appreciated.

These are the ones I use, and works on the Apple adapter I've got for certain: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C5CTMB9Z/ It's almost 100 percent chance your adapter is the problem if all the ports have the same problem.
  16. Dunring

Lavalier mic (wired or wireless) for very small budget. For audio calls/streaming

You can get $5 lapel mics and an extension cable and they do work. I got some on eBay and AliExpress and for chatting it's really not bad.
  17. Dunring

Which headphones would not make me miss my surround system too much?

The Beyerdynamic DT770 250 ohm has great bass extension for that fun thumping effect. For imaging and all around performance the best I've heard is the Hifiman Arya Stealth and Sennheiser HD800 S for gaming. The best stacks I've built for them is the SMSL SP400/M400 and the Topping A70 Pro and...
  18. Dunring

SMSL H300 headamp - no reviews?

I just got an H300 and a chance to compare it to one of the A30Pro's I've been using the last few weeks. The sound reminded me right away of the Sabaj A20H which is 1/3rd the price, has digital volume control for perfect channel matching, and doesn't run as warm. The design is sturdy and vented...
  19. Dunring

Hifiman Palipads $5.81 per pair and free shipping if you order 2 pairs. I put them on an HE400se last night and was pleasantly surprised. I would swear these are the same as the Palipad which run $50 in both look, feel, and sound. Clips snapped right into place, and the cloth is so much more...
  20. Dunring

Any recommendations for headphone or IEM that can directly use with smartphones for music listening?

I'd like to second the Beyerdynamic DT900 Pro X for open back, and AKG K371 wired for closed back (the bluetooth version is tuned for battery life and doesn't sound as good).
Top Bottom