Search results

1. howkey-cz

Tower speakers similar to Shure 940 or ATH r70x

Hey, I am back with a review after half a year of listening experience :) I tried to measure them, but I am not sure if it was correct. I will move from a flat to a house soon so I will do it again later. Anyway, the graph from the test above seems to be correct. From my measurements -1 = 1...
  2. howkey-cz

Ok, so I bought the Magnat Signature 507 on Amazon.de. I couldn't resist the deal/price :D I have the plan to write a more detailed review and post it on this forum. Currently, I have only two hours of listening sessions and I am learning how to do REW measurements. In the meantime, there are...
  3. howkey-cz

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Magnat Signature 507 - 375 EUR per piece
  4. howkey-cz

@Frank2 thank you! With Shure I can definitely say that I hear lack of low bass. The bass you can hear is sometimes not clean. I would call it disruptive. It just doesn't sound well aligned with the rest. It's clearly hearable in Lorde - Royals and London Grammar - Lorde it's a feeling. What...
  5. howkey-cz

I have looked on the Teufel Definition 3 and the spec says 48 - 22000 Hz. Anyway, I have read good reviews about it. The good about Teufel and Nubert is the trial free period they offer for free. Let's try it :-)
  6. howkey-cz

Why depressed midrange? This is the frequency response from the same source for Monitor Audio Silver 300: Does it look like a depressed midrange too? Because there are minor differences in the midrange in comparison to Magnat. So what am I missing? Thx for clarification :) EDIT: fixed link...
  7. howkey-cz

I found one more speaker nuLine 244 with many good text reviews and some measurements like this one: The producer offers a four-week trial period for free.
  8. howkey-cz

@warpdrive You are right. Magnat has the simillar bass extension, 20Hz at -15dB It's not so linear as Polk measurements but that's matter of room (except the 5-20k frequency). So, with Magnat I can save some money and use them later. For example for subwoofer if I will not be happy with the bass.
  9. howkey-cz

No. I haven't found a store where to listen any of them.
  10. howkey-cz

Hi, I am looking for a tower speaker for a 20-38sqm room. Price shouldn't go over 1600 EUR($1700) for a pair. I own SMSL A300 amp and SMSL C200 dac with very very old Nordmende speakers :D I am looking for some speakers with similar sound to my headphones Shure 940 and ATH-R70x. I don't want to...
  11. howkey-cz

Is there a reason Shure and Denon headphones don't get talked about much on here?

My personal thoughs as I went from 440 to 840 and endup with 940. Every headphones I've owned for more than one and half year. I also tried 1440 but their highs were to much sharp. 440 - good budget headphones, lack of more details, some harsh/raw sound (guitars for example), not comfortable so...
  12. howkey-cz

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Today I got Audio-Technica ATH-R70x and I absolutely love them :)
  13. howkey-cz

What headphone amplifier to pair with Modi 3 and SHURE SHR 840?

OK, Audio-Technica ATH-R70x arrived today and I must say, damn these neutral headphones are awesome. Now all the Shure headphones from 440 - 1440 sound like .... they are not bad, but on the scale of 0-10, Shure gets 5-6 and ATH 9-10.
  14. howkey-cz

So, amp arrived this week and it works well. Now, I can listen even with low volume without losing quality and details. Btw I borrowed Shure SHR940 and Shure SHR1440 for testing and I plan to borrow also the Audio-Technica ATH-R70x and maybe other headphones. Thanks to the amp I can hear more...
  15. howkey-cz

Ok, I ordered the SMSL SH-9. The main reason is the volume knob, which will be better for my sensitive headphones and it has lot of power for any headphones in the future like Audio-Technica ATH-R70x :D
  16. howkey-cz

@Nango Why? The spec is almost the same. From what I read, the SRH1540 are really good headphones, but overpriced in my opinion, any of SRH940 or SRH1440 are better buy and in the future, I will buy one of them ;-) @maverickronin Yes, I use 2 x RCA male to 3.5mm female adapter...
  17. howkey-cz

Hi guys, first of all i would like to say thank you for this amazing community :) I currently use this setup notebook/pc -> Modi 3 -> Shure 840 and decided to add an amplifier to this setup. My requirements are low: price should be < ~300 EUR / ~360 USD enough power for low impedance SHR840...
  18. howkey-cz

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Shure SRH440 and Shure SRH840 :) Both are detailed and neutral in my opinion though the SRH840 have more bass. Currently used unamped!
Top Bottom