Search results

1. K

Left side of room vs MLP. Conundrum on how to rectify?

Huge peaks on the left side of my room around desk area, where I do like to listen sometimes. MLP is not bad. 1 sub on right side of room. No smoothing or EQ. How do I EQ this? MLP has dips where as a few feet to left has huge peaks?
  2. K

Can huge 10-16db peaks at 34-40hz be tamed with minidsp?

No matter where I place my sub I am exciting the 34hz resonance. Can it be tamed?
  3. K

First REW test result of subwoofer(single REL)

I am testing 20-90hz with Rel t/i 9 sub, which is off to my right, close to middle of wall, but a couple of feet in front. Room is 14.9x 15.2x8ft. I am using umik 1 and MarantzSR8012. Does this look correct?
  4. K

Subwoofers for around £1k for Atmos 7.2.4 system; music and movies

I am getting rid of my unused REL T/i 9's due to them not being suitable for Atmos set up. I want to replace them, budget around 1k each for 2 total. Room is 15FT L x 14.5W X 8.1H Mostly music listening, but some movies. Room will be treated with RPG modex 35hz-500 panels. One sub mid up top...
  5. K

LG TV HDMI ports busted, any reliable alternatives?

Sorry if this is in wrong place, but I need some help. I have a 6 year old LG TV. The HDMI ports have all stopped working. I use Marantz SR8012 HDMI output to TV(monitor 1), So it is for screen only. Anything else I can do?
  6. K

Replacement/ alternative to SVS elevation for overhead/ceiling speakers in ATmos set up.

I have the SVS prime elevation speakers(2 sets), but I find them bright and sometimes harsh. I have 5 PMC db1i speakers and 4 SVS. The difference is quite significant. SVS are way brighter. What other options are there? I want something smoother.
  7. K

Replacing PMC db1i speakers for something more neutral(to play in ATMOS set up)

Since I bought a Marantz Marantz SR8012 AVR this year I have found the higher frequencies being more pronounced and even harsh. I have read the reviews from hear and looked at the testing and noticed the testing shows what I am finally hearing. WIth my Marantz SR7010 it was much smoother, and...
Top Bottom