Search results

1. S

Oppo BDP-103 with oppomod i2s over HDMI card to Gustard x26pro

I use an Oppo BDP-103 with this box and the I2s output over HDMI worked great for playing SACDs to my Topping D90SE but not with my X26pro. I’m sure I could have figured out how to make it work by physically moving the pinouts but instead I bought the DOP version of this box and used SPDIF...
  2. S

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

Good point. Once you have your speakers and an amp capable of driving them to their potential, the other components are mostly in their shadow.
  3. S

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

The request I have is a bit complicated, hard to explain, and would be far from easy but I think it would be very useful. It is also something other sites don’t address well. Component performance at certain price points is easy to determine based on your testing but what about system...
  4. S

How good is a DSP?

I use a SHD in my system with very good effect. In addition to digital sources I also have a lot of analog sources so the ADC in the SHD is mandatory for my use. I am a novice but know enough to be dangerous with REW so I found Dirac Live to be an exceptionally useful tool. I could get the...
  5. S

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

I’ve had a MDR-V6 headset from back when they very first came on the market (mid 80s?). Back then I was not really into listening to headphones but thought they would be handy to monitor when I recorded to tape (Cassette back then). They were light, fairly comfortable and I liked how they...
  6. S

Otari MX-5050 Review (Reel to Reel Tape Deck)

You have to be brave to talk tape on ASR. I enjoyed Amir’s test review but was not surprised with the results. Would be interested to see a test after a talented old school tech tweaked a pro deck to the max. These techs are getting very rare to find! There is no logic to pursue the format...
  7. S

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

still no fix to control volume prior to ASRC?
  8. S

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

I selected 2.x but it seems too simple if trying to help Amir with his testing priorities?
  9. S

@nothingman Scary! I guess I can see it might have been the right decision to backtrack until they know better. Looks like they are going to ask for help from the forum with beta testing before next release...good decision! I have had no such white noise ever from my SHD. I have always kept...
  10. S

Based on my research on miniDSP user group, firmware versions 1.1.11, 1.1.12 and 1.1.13 had the ability to attenuate the signal at both the input and output stage. The input stage attenuation was meant to deal with intersampling peaks that can cause digital clipping with some tracks. I guess...
  11. S

I am running 1.1.13 so I do have volume control prior to the ASRC? I have had absolutely no problem with this version.
  12. S

I was mistaken in my earlier posts about the latest firmware version (1.1.14) providing volume control prior to the ASRC and I have corrected these posts. It appears this is a very common mistake also made by others. MiniDSP did provide this functionality to control volume prior to the ASRC a...
  13. S

It is my opinion that even a great performing system, thoroughly thought out room, ideal speaker/sub placement and all the room treatment tricks can still benefit from accurate RTA with DSP corrections for phase, timing, EQ and sub integration. The software solution for DSP is certainly an...
  14. S

I am a firm believer in doing RTA of a room and using DSP to help correct response. With that said it’s always best to do what you can with the room physically with placing speakers and dealing with reflections and such. These choices are often compromises for several reasons and DSP almost...
  15. S

Well darn, that will tech me to trust the experts! So the attenuation settings in the blue boxes of the output columns of device manager are output adjustments and not input adjustments???
  16. S

See post 1520. UPDATE: PER POST 1549 THE LATEST REVISION DOES NOT ALLOW ATTENUATION OF INPUT.
  17. S

I agree there is really nothing else out there that satisfies my system’s needs and all I need for my 2 channel system is the ADC and DSP functions of the SHD. All of my balanced XLR and SE RCA analog sources go into SHD through an external switch box then I use the SHD to source XLR or RCA...
  18. S

DSP Measurements and Rising Noise Floor

Ironically the new manual uses -6 db as the example for setting the input attenuation :)
Top Bottom