Search results

1. K

Review and Measurements of Schiit Sys Passive Pre-amp/Switcher

I am/was considering the Saga+ mainly because I didn't know I could also use the Midgard. I don't mind paying extra for the Saga+ if there is an improvement in sound quality. However, it seems with the Midgard I can have a fully balanced system/chain (meaning XLR connections).
  2. K

What are the differences that make the Saga+ more expensive than the Midgard? Also, will there be any sound quality differences?
  3. K

To have an active preamp vs. a passive one to avoid any impedance issues. I also really like the way the Bifrost 2/64 sounds so prefer to stick with Schiit for now.
  4. K

Probably a Saga+. Will do a little more research first though to avoid facing another similar situation.
  5. K

Guess I got lucky. Schiit accepted to cancel the order even though they had already shipped it.
  6. K

From the Head-Fi forum where I am also discussing this:
  7. K

So if I had the Saga+, it would be better to use it in active mode vs. passive mode? The Saga+ in active mode would cause no degradation regardless of the set volume level?
  8. K

I just checked the Schiit website and even for the Saga+ (in passive mode) the output impedance is 4.8k ohms maximum.
  9. K

Thanks. I am still in the return period window of my Bifrost 2/64. I only got it a few days ago. I have also inquired about the RME ADI-2 FS DAC from my local RME distributor. Waiting to hear back about the price.
  10. K

Schiit specifically mention "powered monitors" as one of the use cases for the Sys on their website. Also, any comments/opinions on how the RME ADI-2 DAC FS would compare to the Bifrost 2/64?
  11. K

Could you recommend or name some such DACs?
  12. K

Okay, thanks. Also, just to confirm, you are recommending to use the Sys over the SoundSource app I linked above, correct?
  13. K

Thanks. Does this also mean the max "format" I should use is 16-bit/192 kHz? Or can I also use 24-bit/192 kHz? I can change this format (what macOS calls it) in Audio MIDI Setup on macOS.
  14. K

Found out that I can also use the SoundSource app for macOS to control the volume for the DAC. https://rogueamoeba.com/soundsource/
  15. K

True, but I've always used RCA from the source to these speakers since I've had them.
  16. K

I am using these cables but in 10 feet length: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001UJH0XU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 The Sys will be connected using the above cables to the JBL LSR310S subwoofer (which acts as a 80 Hz crossover) and the 2 x JBL LSR305 monitors are...
  17. K

@Guddu How long are/were the cables from your Sys to the amps when you were using the Sys as a volume control?
  18. K

I emailed Schiit asking if 10 feet cables will be okay and they said they will be fine.
  19. K

The cables from the Sys to the speakers will be 10 feet in length. I assume this will be okay?
  20. K

Thanks. I have read that at 100% volume, the Sys should be 1:1 to a direct connection. However, what about at lower volume settings? Are they also not any different to a direct connection?
Top Bottom