Search results

1. danadam

Upsampling 16/44.1 collection a good idea?

It will be able to do that, to the accuracy of 16-bit, i.e. -96 dBFS. In other words, the only difference between the original signal and the reconstructed signal will be noise at -96 dBFS level (assuming flat dither).
  2. danadam

No, it is caused by not enough headroom. Blue wave goes above 1.0 and below -1.0. Higher sampling rate won't help here.
  3. danadam

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

It may store settings on usb device but I'm pretty sure the webapp itself still has to be loaded over the network or from local files of the device that's running the browser.
  4. danadam

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

There are some here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/lets-develop-an-asr-inter-sample-test-procedure-for-dacs.49050/page-10#post-1762476
  5. danadam

Noob question about speaker frequency reproduction accuracy

In the attachment there is a file with -3 dBFS stereo signal. For the first 5 seconds it is 88 Hz in both channels and in the next 5 seconds it is 88 Hz in the left channel and 87 Hz in the right channel. Then the pattern repeats twice more. If everything is ok with the speakers then you should...
  6. danadam

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Please! Not while I'm drinking coffee! :D:D
  7. danadam

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

"Up to 1441 kbps" - hm, I don't know if I have any 16/44 flac that doesn't compress data at all. "Your favorite music in 16-bit and 24-bit high-fidelity sound" - 24-bit, on the other hand, I would expect to sometimes exceed 1441 kbps.
  8. danadam

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

That you know of. Sure, but if we can't think of any reason, it doesn't mean there's no bias. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't.
  9. danadam

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Don't call me stupid/crazy! [1] [1] The response you can often get when you try to explain it to people of subjective persuasion.
  10. danadam

Some strange clipping with Samsung dongle

Yes, it can happen :) I played "Flim & the BB’s / TriCycle / 01. Tricycle" and recorded at 88 kHz sampling rate. For the most part it is OK but in one place it triggers the issue. Here's PK metric: And waveforms comparison, the file at the top, the recording at the bottom. First at the...
  11. danadam

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

What does it mean "far worse"? Here's the output of TANCHJIM Space: connected to a laptop on battery power playing -100 dBFS sin 1k at 44.1k sampling rate connected through 3.5 mm output to RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE recorded at 88.2k sampling rate and +4 dBu ref level digitally attenuated by...
  12. danadam

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/68928-article-is-it-time-to-rethink-lossless/#comment-1259579 ;) (it's about 16/44k -> 24/192k -> 16/44k, but for that example it works the same with 16/44k -> 24/48k -> 16/44k)
  13. danadam

Simple listening test for audiophiles

I can't tell if you are agreeing with what I wrote or disagreeing with the opposite interpretation of what I wrote :-)
  14. danadam

Simple listening test for audiophiles

It's not better because it doesn't allow to compare the same part of music. One can only judge the difference in places where you did the switch, but if the difference is small then there is no way of telling if it is a difference between the files or if it is something baked in the recording...
  15. danadam

That depends on the filter used by the program that did the conversion. For example, here's what default settings in SoX and FFmpeg do: sox IN OUT rate 88200 ffmpeg -i IN -ar 88200 OUT zoom in: I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but if it is applying low-pass filter on hi-res files before...
  16. danadam

RME announces app control for RME Adi-2 series

Maybe this: https://web.archive.org/web/20240221224507/https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/adi2remote_win.zip
  17. danadam

Great "live performance" recordings? (any genre)

Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson - VH1 Storytellers Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live
  18. danadam

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

From what he wrote, I don't see the implication that he should know what measurements are missing, but he definitely should be able to give a few examples of such DACs, which are deemed good enough and which were still distinguished under controlled conditions.
  19. danadam

What am I missing - up-sampling and DSD conversion?

Here's 25 pages. If you find something, let us know :-) https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-is-the-point-of-upsampling.7329/
  20. danadam

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

And that's great, really. But you were asking for a reason why not to try it. Well, "trying it" may be not fun and relaxing for some people. I'll admit my response is a bit tongue in a cheek. I find it somewhat amusing that some audiophiles seem to be surprised that trying some dubious stuff...
Top Bottom