Search results

1. A

Mofi StudioPhono Stage Review

I have had this since it came out. Maybe getting close to a decade? Anyways wont argue with the measurments. However, I think the packaging is great. It is nice and slim so it can sit on top of things in a low shelf, I actually had it hidden under my turntable for a while. Built in the USA to...
  2. A

Who would you consider to be an Ethical Manufacturer in the Audio Business?

Owner of bryston James Tanner I think he is named is quite a gentleman and it is obvious they care about their products and customers. I have owned quite a few "high end" pieces over the years, and have some times been disappointed in the "illusion of quality". Everything about the 2 bryston...
  3. A

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

It seems appropriate to just ignore him at this point. The damage to tekton he earned I think will be durable. At first I was astounded and intrigued by the absurdity of his creative interpretation of the facts. Now it just seems a bit sad, I am reminded of the saying. "never wrestle a pig, you...
  4. A

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Recently built a pair of their c-notes for fun. Paint, glue, primer, sandpaper, Bondo and misc small stuff really adds up, well more than doubled the cost. Im sure there are better or at least as good commercial speakers for 300$, not to mention many hrs. Had a great time though. Low...
  5. A

Watching Erins new review at lunch currently. Not all heros wear capes
  6. A

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

$800 passive 2way micro monitors from dayton audio is not what I would ever anticipated. Interesting.
  7. A

The company owner keeps repeating the same nonsense, and the response of outrage keeps increasing. Any chance this is strategic to build up a case of provable damage to the company reputation? Or am I giving way to much seemingly undeserved credit for complex thought? Supersonic flow, nice...
  8. A

Imagine admitting you dont know what the word litigation means, despite having many patents and lawyer friends, then blaming others for interpreting the term with its explict meaning. Im usually drama adverse but its infuriating, because any sort of limitation of free press in our little hobby...
  9. A

Hey Im an engineer as well, just playing the probabilities and relative risk of having customer facing tech staff. This forum is great but we have our fair share of lets say unfiltered banter. Actually scratch that just wanted to make a joke.
  10. A

This is why you don't let the engineers deal with customers and the public.
  11. A

This is what sucks and is so dangerous. Doesn't even matter who is right on the measurement. Amir Measured a commercially available product with his methods and published it on his site for those that choose to value them, he even provides an open forum for those to present opposing views and...
  12. A

Do you care about speaker looks / appearance?

unapologetically superficial here and won't consider anything terrible. I am lumping build quality into appearance though, like audio equipment built well, heavy construction, and seemingly to last.
  13. A

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

Tangentially related: Its a shame younger folks arnt into decent music reproduction, because there has never been a better time. Can get pretty great sound for a few hundred 2024 bux. In college in the 90s it seems like a decent stereo was at least 5-700 1995 dollars, and most of the cheaper...
  14. A

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

Who cares what others think, and I think it is a bit of a leap to think they care much anyways. Stereo listening has brought me a ton of joy and still does currently. I am sure I have spent way more than I need to have an acceptable system but the smiles/$ have been a bargain for me. One...
  15. A

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Seems like the perfect device for a bedroom system, to recommend to non enthusiasts, or to compliment a TV. Great feature set and pricing, just needs a phono input to be perfect for current market conditions (ironically).
  16. A

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Wierd never had that in my few years of ownership. I do still get the issue when I press up on the volume remote the volume will go down or vice versa, even after firmware updates. Not really a big deal in practice maybe once a month at most. I did recently replace my screen. Minidsp made it...
  17. A

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

New JBL Motto: 'Sometimes we try sometimes we don't" I gotta think this was on purpose, but not sure what intended target would be.
  18. A

Shanling M0 Pro DAP Review

My 9yo girl loves music but we don't want her on an internet device all the time, was thinking of getting something like this for her. Dumb question if someone will humor me: How do people generally put music on these things currently. Havent touched an music file in a decade. I have an attic...
  19. A

New Magico M7 speakers

Massive discount was part of the boundary condition assumptions, say 200k. If you have even 5 million in investment accounts and presumably minimal expenses and have some irrational love for giant expensive speakers it may be fine for you. Stretch as I said. 4.8 mil still leaves 200k living...
  20. A

New Magico M7 speakers

I don't think these things mainly go to billionaires or hundred millionaires. I suspect most of these mega expensive speaker have huge MSRPs to make headlines and create drama. I think they pass through high end show rooms and audio shows and are sold at massive discounts (floor models!) as a...
Top Bottom