Search results

1. K

Passive Sound Bar or Equivalent

Does anybody make a passive sound bar type speaker? Or perhaps just small speakers that would fit around a tight space on a TV shelf? Possibly thin vertical wall mount or stand L/R speakers that have good dispersion?
  2. K

Why use USB from streamer to DAC?

Can anybody explain to me what the obsession is with people only wanting to use a USB connection from their streaming device to their DAC? This seems very prevalent in the PS audio forums, like coax or optical is just not up to transferring bits correctly so must have USB for anything to work...
  3. K

Non ARC HDMI Audio Extractor/ Downmixer

Outside of buying an actual AVR are there any solutions that allow you to extract or correctly downmix and output the audio signal from an HDMI path without ARC? My situation is that the portable projector I use for outdoor movies doesn't downmix the the 5.1 signal very well (or at all) nor...
  4. K

F/S: Gustard P26 Preamp

Never used, perfect condition. $400 shipping within US included.
  5. K

Multi-point Bluetooth Transmitter

Does anybody know of a company that makes a multi-stream Bluetooth transmitter? To clarify it would be something that takes a wired audio input and then allows multiple Bluetooth devices to pair with it and receive audio.
  6. K

Audessey Curve for Revel M36

Just got a new pair of Revel M36 towers and was wondering if anybody had any preferred changes to the Audessey MultiEQ room correction curve. I have the app but I am no expert on REW. Just curious if anybody has any recommendations specific to these speakers. Thanks
  7. K

PSB Imagine X2T Upgrade

I'm pretty sure I just fried something in the crossovers on my PSB Imagine X2T speakers so I'm wondering if anybody has had these speakers and what you upgraded to next or have opinions on similar brands and models. I've been really happy with them up until the point where I apparently...
  8. K

Denon Mobile App Fix

I've always ran into problems using either the Denon 2016 AVR and HEOS app on my Android devices and I found out that the secret is to restrict it from running in the background.
  9. K

Outdoor Weather Proof Speaker Cables

Any suggestions? I want to get something that won't sound bad if it rains (jk).
  10. K

Stereo 3.5mm 12V cable caused popping sound

I have a Denon 4700 AVR in pre-out mode connected to an external amplifier with a high-level connection to an REL sub. When I used a stereo 3.5mm cable for the 12V trigger out to the amp it caused the subwoofer to make a popping sound when the external amp powered on and off via the 12V trigger...
  11. K

Outdoor Theater

Anyone have any outdoor movie setup? When Covid hit I purchased a Optima GT1080HDR, 120" elite screen and built a little speaker setup with PVC pipes. I'm actually thinking of digging some trenches to run conduit for permanent speaker runs to do surround sound as well.
  12. K

Minidsp DDRC-24 vs SHD

Besides only having RCA in/outs and no streaming option does the minidsp DDRC-24 have the exact same room correction functionality as the SHD?
  13. K

PSB X2T Owners

Anybody ever owned these speakers? I do and I love them but I'm just wondering if you did own them and you upgraded what did you upgrade to?
  14. K

Denon AVR-4700 Preamp Mode Question

This is probably been addressed somewhere on the forum but I can't seem to find it. Are the Tone Controls and Audessy correction still available if the AVR is in pre-amp only mode?
  15. K

MiniDSD SHD

Does anyone have the SHD? I'm just trying to verify that it will let you take measurements for 2 different sets of speakers as well as play music to both at the same time.
  16. K

Hypex Supply Chain

Has anyone ordered any Hypex based amplifiers lately? Seems like several manufacturers are out of them and waiting for resupply.
  17. K

miniDSP Analog Tap

Has anyone used the mini DSP product in just an analog path? (ie: DAC RCA out -> Amp, or Preamp -> Amp) Just wondering if there's any disadvantage to not tapping the digital path or if it does just as good of a job.
  18. K

Bookshelf Speakers for Large Space

I have a formal looking living room area that I don't want to put floor standing speakers in because it would just look bad so I'm looking for a good pair of bookshelf speakers that have amazing clarity, sound stage. I'm limited to the speakers being about 5 1/2 feet apart with a listening...
  19. K

Reference to Measurement Metrics

I saw a link somewhere on this site that explained all the different measurements for audio equipment and why they are important but I can't find the link anywhere.
  20. K

Metal Fans??

Any fans of Maiden, Priest, Dio, etc in here. I guess I'lll accept some hair metal as long as it sounds good. I'd be curious as to what your favorite high-res releases are from different metal bands. Iron Maiden finally got the remastering process correct in the latest 2015 batch. Dio has...
Top Bottom