Search results

1. 0

TYGR 300R vs HE400i 2020

Yes, SQ is IMO pretty poor, and driver bottoms if you EQ low end too much. Rock solid spatial qualities tough.
  2. 0

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

So twice the price of Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, isn't it ?
  3. 0

I very much agree with all of this. [EDIT] With that being said, I'm not using very much desktop DAC/AMP at home, I like browsing my UPNP library everywhere with my phone in the pocket since we have decent dongles to do the job. [EDIT 2] I'm not missing much with S8, but I am with S9 and S9...
  4. 0

I'm not using it very much anymore, but still... If you have a better deal, please, share (and please, don't come with apple products ;) ) [EDIT] I may have misunderstood you. We may be on the same page.
  5. 0

I may be a bit of help here : not suited for anything over 150 ohms if you (moderate to heavy) bass shelf EQ it. Planars needing EQ, hard no. I think (emphasis on "think") it distort at the last physical volume step, so I keep it at the penult... (f.ck, is this a thing in English ?) - the step...
  6. 0

If you can wait something like a week, I can check, if nobody does before.
  7. 0

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

Why stop initial S9 production if so ? Oh, maybe you meant AKM had some drawers ?
  8. 0

About that, I posted somewhere : is AKM back in business ? Looks like it, S9 available again, Lotoo PAW S2 out and using AKM dac...
  9. 0

Yup, for Windows / WASAPI. For ASIO outputs, S9 shows up as Comtrue Audio Device, S9 Pro shows up as SXW UAD ASIO. But both S9 and S9 Pro are listed as SXW in installed programs. :facepalm: I possess at least 6 dongles using Comtrue interfaces, it's quite a mess. Even if that's the problem...
  10. 0

Try an USB-2 port, some USB-3 bridges don't pair well with comtrue interfaces. I can attest, no problem at all playing DSD up to 256 on Windows (foobar, roon, etc. , DSD512 is tricky. Comtrue USB Audio Device is for S9 drivers, S9 Pro shows up indeed as SXW UAD. S9 Pro supports S9 drivers, the...
  11. 0

No reason to use push instead of event for WASAPI (push is for old devices which doesn't support event). In fact since 1.6.7 there are no more distinct WASAPI outputs (event/push/shared), you have a built-in WASAPI support called {exclusive]. You have a S9 ASIO control pannel (double clic on...
  12. 0

He posted on both thread, I replied on both, didn't even noticed we pursue the conversation on S9 one. If a moderator could kindly replace the concerned posts on S9 Pro thread, that would be nice, we'll continue on this one (I'll flag my current post). If I remember correctly, there are a lot of...
  13. 0

Could you please PM me link to your file so I can test it on Roon 1.8 and report back ?
  14. 0

I only use DSD 512 for upsampling purpose in HQPlayer, with no problem at all. I managed to get some DSD 512 files, supposed to be native ones (I doubt it since it's not really used in the industry, anyways...), and tried to play them on Ronn 1.6, I got stuttering issues, switched to Roon 1.8...
  15. 0

@sthaus : Of course, you have to install ASIO drivers (from Hidizs website). And activate S9 Pro ASIO output in Roon. There is no MQA hardware support on S9 Pro as far as I know. But I won't even try to find a file example of this aberration to test it for sure. But I assume if it was such...
  16. 0

I never experienced any cellular data interference using S8 (Samsung and Xiaomi phones), unlike Hidizs S9 (AKM one). On the other hand, OEM cable is pure crap (micro cuts), replaced by DDhifi TC03, no problem since.
  17. 0

Hifiman HE400i Review 2020 Revision (Headphone)

Thanks. Same drop batch. I was asking to know if maybe yours were before pad revision.
  18. 0

Hifiman HE400i Review 2020 Revision (Headphone)

Not the first time I have this discussion. Maybe something's wrong with my unit. About the pads, may I ask what's the date of your HE4XX batch if it's first hand ? I'm bearded and have quite sensitive skin, when I wear HE4XX for a relative long time, pads starts to be irritating. I'm not...
Top Bottom